Guess what happened today?

lupe_m

May 15, 2003
Brownsville, TX
gmezajr.freehostia.com
I called the local radio station here in the Rio Grande Valley (south Texas), and asked the DJ why they advertise the Anthrax show on May 25 in Mcallen, TX so much and they don't even play any of their songs. She first told me that they were too hard and then I replied by reminding her that they sometimes play Slayer and Slipknot. She then told me that they will play the new Anthrax song as soon as the record company sends them the new album. I just thought it was weird that Anthrax is getting a lot of plugs for their show, but none of their songs were on the radio. Well, as long as people know about the show, then I guess it's cool. :headbang:

Right on, Lupe! That's cool you called.
I tried calling KBPI (Denver station) and it is either busy, or it just rings forever.
I guess if their caller ID doesn't say "Linkin Park", "System Of A Down" or "Songs from Black Sabbath's Paranoid Album" then they don't answer the phone....

No idea at all...he mentioned the name of it, but I totally spaced on it. He says they might not be able to because the djs don't work on Sundays. I think that's a lame excuse for djs...if I was a dj and a band was coming to perform there, I'd do an interview on a Sunday.

That is soo strange. you're radio station is KFRQ 94.5 The Rock.... mine in grand rapids michigan is WKLQ 94.5 The Rock.... AHH!!! but now they want to be called "Man made radio" cuz some crap radio station here is called "New Rock"