Guilty pleasure music

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Guilty pleasure music, that you have a tough time admitting you like/listen to?

I usually don't make it a secret that I love 80s pop/rock music (grew up in that era so...). I'm talking everything from Madonna, ZZ top, Rockwell, Culture Club, MJ, Huey Lewis - liked most of it.

A genre I was introduced to about a year or so ago, is KPop (Korean Pop). Apparently this music, over in South Korea, is released as singles at a time. They release them with a whole branding angle/theme/look. Pretty crazy and interesting at the same time. When you see the videos on Youtube, we're talking these suckers will have tens of millions of views - ridiculous amounts.

A lot of it is too bubble gum for me, but then there are some that have a really interesting vibe about them. Fascinating to watch the costumes/choreography (god I feel dirty just writing about this :puke: :) ) The more I think about it, I probably associate to some of this stuff because it's like 80s pop on steroids.

Anyways, here are a few that are a bit addicting - be gentle lol (and I swear I don't have a thing for feminine looking South Korean dudes!).

(I could easily hear a death metal version of this in my head):

Excerpt playlist of top 50 as of April 2015 (check the view counts!):

Last edited:

dont feel guilty at all though i must admit.

there is some stuff that is literally so incredibly terrible that its passed even being funny, the things im talking of are unspeakable but honestly its mind boggling how some shit came to fruition at all.

Im stressing i in no way like these but sometimes i put it on just to amaze myself such things ever even sounded like a good idea at the time. ever.

they make me feel both angery and quite nauseous

This is the worst thing ive witnessed in recent times. Its literally a fucking rat with a mullet, this makes hatebeak and that dog look fucking astounding. which they were..

im so sorry

Last edited by a moderator: