Guitar Advice

Icarus

Shamone
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane Australia
Visit site
Ok in my quest to become a rock star and since getting drums atm isnt a realistic option, whats a good beginning guitar to get. Ive go an acoustic which I havent played for years, but really want an electric one. Any suggestions?

I got an Ibanez GIO somethingorother which came with an amp and all that kinda stuff and an introductory video featuring Andy Timmons or whatever his name is from Danger Danger. Can't remember how much it was. Got it at the music shop at Aspley Hypermarket.

Epiphone have good cheap starting guitars.

My first electric was an Epiphone Special II... it's almost identical to a les paul, except it has only one volume and tone knob respectively. ;D

Plays nicely though.

Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez!

Actually if you're ready to spend say... 5 - 600 bucks you can probably get something really nice from any of a few different manufacturers.

I haven't been out to a music shop for a few months, but usually whenever I do I'm amazed at how nice some of the "entry level" guitars are these days.

I think I put up a thread like this in 2002 when I was in Indonesia. I still haven't got around to getting an electric. Damn my eternal poverty! :)