Guitar and Bass DI's for tone tests:

lolzgreg

Cereal Shipping Sneapster
Dec 17, 2008
Long Beach, New York
I think anyone who is interested and has a good signal chain/high fidelity DI box/good guitar/bass should post DI's for both bass and guitar to be used as standards for tone tests. We need to get a lot of these together so it doesn't getting boring (i.e. Holy Diver and Breaking Benjamin). This way there will be a standard for DI's for reamping.

If no one is in favor of this, close this thread Lasse.

Also, if anyone has requests, I'll be glad to supply (Dean Vendetta with Mustaine Livewires/Les Paul Custom EMG's/Marcus Miller Jazz Bass with upgraded preamp-> Countryman Type 85-> RME Fireface 800).

It's funny - I was thinking the exact same thing this morning, and i think it's a great idea. My problem is that I have no idea what songs would be good picks. I was trying to choose a song that isn't hated by the masses here, is relatively short and not too boring.

What did I come up with?

Nada. Yeah - I can't even pick songs to steal! That's how creative I've been feeling lately. :)

Bobby

We can use "drawn my day" DI's those are really good tone wise.
Of course Zvish (from this forum) or another band member sould chime in and let us use them.
I got useble but those Drawn my day are the most tight and good sounding DI's I had the pleasure to work with.

one suggestion... can we have like a little detail behind the di's as well, like chain: Guitar->Pickups->DI Box->Interface and any others if present.. would be helpful (imo)..

almost 8 months ago

bump for this thread.

lolzgreg, could you please upload your marcus miller bass d.i?

because i'm gonna reamp with my friend's SWR

thx