Huge Diesel Modern Rock Tone (Guess the Amp!)

if you say modern rock tone AND diesel,
it might be the diezel einstein 50 ... el34...

Modded Peavey Windsor for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the mods:

Mercury Magnetics Power Transformer, Output Transformer and Choke.

Inverted tap at the output transformer (getting rid of the high-frequency oscillation that the Windsor is known for).

The Windsor is now possibly my favorite amplifier. I gotta do some more tone tests!

I have friends in high places, so I never get charged as much as I should:

Parts: Power Trans: $270
Output Trans: $250
Choke: $30
Labor: 3 Hours ($95 an hour)

You do the math, I paid a lot less, but that's an average due to the high-frequency problem inherent in the amp.

Lets just say what I personally paid for the amp and the mods done cost me less than a grand!

lolzgreg what are your thoughts on the amp before the mod? the pricing seems so good on these but I would not be able to mod this for quite some time but this looks like a good amp for those lower gain rock tones

The amp was great before the mod, now it's just insane. It is really a "Marshallesque" amplifier, but it can do a lot more than low gain rock tones. It can do the Zeppelin thing and it can do TEH bro00talz. I would have to say that the amp has some of the tightest low end and responsiveness out of anything I've ever played. I'm REALLY thrilled with it after the mod and was quite fond of it before too.

Also, who is the young lady with the Triryche on her back in your avatar? Queensryche is the fuckin' shit!

The amp was great before the mod, now it's just insane. It is really a "Marshallesque" amplifier, but it can do a lot more than low gain rock tones. It can do the Zeppelin thing and it can do TEH bro00talz. I would have to say that the amp has some of the tightest low end and responsiveness out of anything I've ever played. I'm REALLY thrilled with it after the mod and was quite fond of it before too.

I thought your Windsor sounded great before the mod. But the way it sounds now....wow.

lolzgreg what are your thoughts on the amp before the mod? the pricing seems so good on these but I would not be able to mod this for quite some time but this looks like a good amp for those lower gain rock tones

It'll definitely do more than just lower gain rock stuff. And from clips I've heard (especially Oz's old Windsor comparison clips), it blends REALLY well with a 5150. OT: by the way, hurry up and get that CD finished. I'm impatiently waiting to hear it! :lol:

Also, who is the young lady with the Triryche on her back in your avatar? Queensryche is the fuckin' shit!

Allright lolzgreg I went for it!! $245 price matched online and impatiently waiting on the arrival!! I will reamp some guitars through this for the heck of it and post....just wish I had your skills or amping :loco:
Queensryche is one of my favorites.... saw this great pic online somewhere and used it for my avatar...def from the 80's lol
Im gonna send you a pm as well about the modding.

It'll definitely do more than just lower gain rock stuff. And from clips I've heard (especially Oz's old Windsor comparison clips), it blends REALLY well with a 5150. OT: by the way, hurry up and get that CD finished. I'm impatiently waiting to hear it!

We have 3 songs done (one we might redo in lower tunings) but working on the 4th one now :Smokin: So sooooon I hope. I'll post the 2 new ones on here really soon!:) And I hope your still writing!