TOXIC GARBAGE ISLAND!

lolzgreg

Cereal Shipping Sneapster
Dec 17, 2008
Long Beach, New York
This is just a short clip with no bass. I'm gonna finish up another day perhaps.

Dean Vendetta 3.0 w/ Duncan Dave Mustaine Livewires-> Maxon OD-820 Pro
-> Modded 5150 II-> Mesa Oversized 4x12 -> Audix i5 -> Presonus Firebox

Drums are Superior Drummer 2.0 w/ Slate Samples blended with the kick and snare.

I know you guys like Gojria, so here's your chance to destroy my clip!

EDIT: Rose guitars and made them less roomy.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=926935&songID=7522747

maybe try a condenser to get closer to their guitar sound as they use
neumann tlm 103...

i have amatch eq (voxengeo curve eq) file that gets me very close to their guitar sound. maybe try that.
yours sounds a little too harsh and overall gojira twoaf is very 3d with lots of depth. (listen to the snare on vacuity on how to make use of reverb)

maybe go for a less compressed overall sound as well.

otherwise nice sound!
not very much like the original, which is so fuckin hard to imitate!
but still good on its own!

keep going!

Well not having heard the original, I guess it's fortunate that I'm not comparing - sounds great Greg, not fizzy at all (which is EPIC win where the 5150 is concerned IMO!), and all it needs is a little more low-end balls and it'd be perfect! :headbang: Oh, but the ride is definitely too loud :D

EDIT: Oh, and I see you used the i5 - pretty good for that mic, but I know I'd prefer it with the upper-mid presence of a 57 :D

maybe try a condenser to get closer to their guitar sound as they use
neumann tlm 103...

i have amatch eq (voxengeo curve eq) file that gets me very close to their guitar sound. maybe try that.
yours sounds a little too harsh and overall gojira twoaf is very 3d with lots of depth. (listen to the snare on vacuity on how to make use of reverb)

maybe go for a less compressed overall sound as well.

otherwise nice sound!
not very much like the original, which is so fuckin hard to imitate!
but still good on its own!

keep going!

I wasn't shooting for 100% accuracy on the guitars, same ballpark though. I'm gonna stick a ribbon on there tomorrow or a condenser to try to get some more meat. I realized the mix is too compressed, I'll work on that.

Well not having heard the original, I guess it's fortunate that I'm not comparing - sounds great Greg, not fizzy at all (which is EPIC win where the 5150 is concerned IMO!), and all it needs is a little more low-end balls and it'd be perfect! :headbang: Oh, but the ride is definitely too loud :D

EDIT: Oh, and I see you used the i5 - pretty good for that mic, but I know I'd prefer it with the upper-mid presence of a 57 :D

I'm glad you like the tone! It's the first time I mic'd up my Mesa. I think when I get bass in the mix, it will be more ballsy. I prefer the i5 over the 57 A LOT. The 57 sounds boxy to me (even the one I removed the tranny from and use).