A Peavey Windsor Post for Jauernis

lolzgreg

Cereal Shipping Sneapster
Dec 17, 2008
Long Beach, New York
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1569935/Windsor Riffage.mp3

UPDATE: w/Slate Samples http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1569935/Windsor Riffage Slate.mp3

Dean Vendetta w/ Mustaine Livewires
Maxon OD-820 Pro
Modded Windsor with all Mercury Magnetics Trannys and a choke.
Avatar Contemporary 4x12 w/ Hellatone 30 and Hellatone 60 (x-pattern).
Audix i5 on a Hellatone 60
Fireface

Bass is Ampeg SVX blend with 8505

Superior Drummer w/ all EXTERNAL processing (I like external eq and compression better)

Tell me what you guys think!

Greg that is amazing! You've got some serious skills!:worship:

Everything ....windsor, drums (cant believe that is superior), bass (what bass are you using?) sounds perfect!

Thanks bud, you asked for clips and you got em! I'm using a jazz bass knock-off with a pick and running it through Ampeg SVX and using 8505 for distortion through Revlaver's Cab Sim. I HP'd the distorted track and LP'd the bass one. The Guitar tracks have no eq aside from HP and LP and a tiny bit of compression with Antress' VHME.

Guitars sound great dude! Drums are another story however, the attack on the kick is really weird and distracting (almost sounds like it's not even from the kick, very disconnected sounding if that makes sense, maybe cuz it sounds like it was boosted between 6k-8k, rather than 4k-6k as I prefer for attack), and the snare is too boxy and "dunk-y" IMO (and the cymbals are once again too loud for me, especially hi-hat) But yeah, no complaints about the tonez! :headbang: The bass fits perfectly in as far as blending goes, though I can't hear it as a separate instrument at all; I much prefer that to it being overly noticeable and distracting, so there's nothing wrong with it now per se; I'd just like a bit more definition is all!

I liked the first version better drumwise. It sounded a little more raw and natural. Maybe I am just getting sick of hearing slate samples on everything.....

Very very nice tone out of something so cheap however. How much money have you spent modding the Windsor though and how did it sound pre-modding?