Guess the Amp (no TS)

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
since I'm fucking around with my amps today anyways I wanted to share another clip without a Tube Screamer...I really like the tonality/charakter of this amp...although it's probably very easy to guess what amp it is (I think it's got a very characteristic sound)....but damn, I like it!

guess

doesn't anyone have a mix that needs this tone so I can reamp the guits? I wanna hear it in a mix ;)

no boost, no post processing, just a single sm57

I've heard a Dual Rec which sounds like a 5150 and a Krank which sounds like a Marshall
and this clip actually sounds like my 5150 on the red channel with mids on 0 :lol:

But hmmmmm. Yeah, I'm gonna try 5150.

No wait...Powerball :lol:

since I'm fucking around with my amps today anyways I wanted to share another clip without a Tube Screamer...I really like the tonality/charakter of this amp...although it's probably very easy to guess what amp it is (I think it's got a very characteristic sound)....but damn, I like it!

guess

doesn't anyone have a mix that needs this tone so I can reamp the guits? I wanna hear it in a mix ;)

no boost, no post processing, just a single sm57

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/285689/Reamping/Untruth/Untruth Reamp.rar

Go for your life!

is it THAT bad??? ;)

Haha, nah, hence the smiley.

But this is a tough one for me. I'm currently suggesting that you can alter any amp so that it sounds completely different than any "usual" characteristics attached to it.

I wouldn't say this is a Marshall tone though. But could be Krank, Mesa or Peavey... Prolly Krank or Mesa but this doesn't sound like a Mark IV.

Haha, can't decide.

KRANK

Possessing is the only one with the guide track in there, so it's probably the best choice, since you can combine the two yourself (granted its still a rough-ish mix there)!

@Bernhard: LOL. You'll run through his entire arsenal of amps so if he reveals ANY of them you'll be like 'AHA! I told you it was that one!'

I don't know what it is really. The fizz makes me think vintage-ish design, but I'm on cans so everything is deceptive. It feels a bit too smooth to be a Krank without TS, but stranger things are possible. I don't know really. Lots of freakin fizz though. It has a bit of a Mesa-type sound to the gain, so if I had to guess I'd say it's a Mesa amp of some kind.

Possessing is the only one with the guide track in there, so it's probably the best choice, since you can combine the two yourself (granted its still a rough-ish mix there)!

@Bernhard: LOL. You'll run through his entire arsenal of amps so if he reveals ANY of them you'll be like 'AHA! I told you it was that one!'

I don't know what it is really. The fizz makes me think vintage-ish design, but I'm on cans so everything is deceptive. It feels a bit too smooth to be a Krank without TS, but stranger things are possible. I don't know really. Lots of freakin fizz though.

I'd call it "sizzle", fiz is too negative ;)

I think the song/playing is much too fast for this sound though...probably needs a TS, doesn't really work witout one in most sections...I'm still gonna do it without one...although I doubt you'll be using the files....
I could perhaps do an alternative version with TS

I know :lol:

But I'm gonna say Mesa. For real. I was already suggesting Mesa in my second post but now that I checked with headphones I'm pretty sure. All my other previous claims are invalid :D

Mesa, Dual Rec or Mesa IV. It prolly is the Mesa IV but I'm gonna say Dual Rec.