Guitar Details

Slice 'n' Dice

New Metal Member
Aug 3, 2007
Hey folks, ive been a fan of AA for a while now so I decided to join.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any info about Johans Les Paul.

I'm curious about these things:

-What pickups does he use? the stock gibson ones?

-are there any modifications to the guitar besides the Diamond plate pickguard?

thanks for the help.

-SnD

As far as I know, he uses a Gibson Explorer...not a Les Paul, and I'm sure he has different pickups. Olli uses a Gibson Explorer "Goth". I actually tuned my Ibanez down to drop B to try and play some AA and it was fruitless, strings just flopped around smacking the frets. Guess thats what makes their sound so unique, and fucking HEAVY!

Screencap from 'Wrath of the norsemen" dvd

77872656aj6.png

Clearly a Les Paul.

BTW if you want to play songs in lower tunnings, you need to get a higher guague (thicker) set of strings, lighter strings are useless for anything lower than D standard.

Wild guess: active pickups ike EMG's. I have my cort in B atm and its also rather loose. I'm using .12 tho. And btw, you can use light strings for low tunings. You just have to adjust the trussrod and such.

Ok that is a Les paul in that shot, but I think his main guitar is this
008_johan_soderberg.jpg

Same diamond plate pick guard, my bad..

Edit: I have a Floyd Rose tremelo bridge because I heard you really need one to play in lower tunings, although I havent had much luck with it. Guess I'll try heavier strings. I am a drummer but haven't had a place to play in forever so I picked up guitar, had my drums sitting in my den broken down :{. Been playing for a year and a half on acoustic and just recently got a electric. Totally different style to play 1-3 strings instead of open chords.