Guitar GAS got me - help me decide!

Damn, I haven't really gassed for a new guitar in years, but I was browsing the Schecter site and fell in love:

http://www.thomann.de/fi/schecter_diamond_c_1_plus_dbsb.htm

It looks sexy as hell, pretty much how I would make ny custom axe look like, but the inlays are pretty gay. Obviously I would change the pups to 81/85. The thing is, I'm very happy with my LTD EC-400, so I'm not sure if it would be that wise to change it away. Can anyone compare these two, or give some pointers on whether it's a good trade or not? Unfortunately I can't try the Schecter out right now :erk:

EWWWWWWWWWW 24.75" SCALE EWWWWWWWWW

Then again, so is your LTD :D But still, try to find yourself an axe with a 25.5" neck, tune it to the same tuning as the EC, and maybe the same thing that happened to me will happen to you! (namely, realizing the former is far superior to the latter)

EWWWWWWWWWW 24.75" SCALE EWWWWWWWWW

Then again, so is your LTD :D But still, try to find yourself an axe with a 25.5" neck, tune it to the same tuning as the EC, and maybe the same thing that happened to me will happen to you! (namely, realizing the former is far superior to the latter)

SO IS YOURS! :lol: Seriously, though, I've had an axe with 25.5" scale, and just seem to like 24.75" more :) Out of curiosity, what makes the 25.5" better for you?

Haha, I know, that was my point, that we have the exact same guitar, so I figure my experiences would be that much more relevant. Mainly, the two big advantages of the longer scale length for me are greater string tension without having to use overly thick strings (which I loathe the feeling of, regardless of tension), as well as intonation!

Ok, I went to the local retailer and played a Shedevil (the only Schecter they had :/) and holy shit it felt nice. I'm seriously considering using my tax rebate for the C-1 Plus now!

Regarding the longer scale, I prefer thicker strings myself (got a 10-60 set atm, but the thinner strings are too thin on that one), and intonation has never been a problem on my EC-400 :)

Hmm, I dunno, maybe it's cuz you don't solo as much as I do, but man, when I get to those upper frets after tuning the guitar for the lower ones, it takes some serious adjustment! (and yes, I adjusted the intonation on the saddles as much as I could, but it wasn't perfect) Also, I just found that while recording, I had to subtly retune between riffs that were at different positions on the fretboard, something that's not nearly as much of a problem as with my Ibanez!

Oh screw you Marcus, now I started feeling like I want a 25.5" after all :lol: I really liked the neck on the Shedevil, which is 25.5", so maybe it's time to move on to something new. Here's my new candidate:

http://www.thomann.de/fi/schecter_diamondc1_hellraiser_blk.htm

The finish isn't nearly as sexy, but it would save me the trouble of switching the stock pups to EMG's. And the inlays are slightly less gay :)

Damn, I haven't really gassed for a new guitar in years, but I was browsing the Schecter site and fell in love:

http://www.thomann.de/fi/schecter_diamond_c_1_plus_dbsb.htm

It looks sexy as hell, pretty much how I would make ny custom axe look like, but the inlays are pretty gay. Obviously I would change the pups to 81/85. The thing is, I'm very happy with my LTD EC-400, so I'm not sure if it would be that wise to change it away. Can anyone compare these two, or give some pointers on whether it's a good trade or not? Unfortunately I can't try the Schecter out right now :erk:

If you are going to visit Helsinki anytime soon (like go see Faith No More or go to the Tuska Festival) go test them out at the Soundata store, they import Schecters to Finland (The shop is at Albertinkatu 46, just go down the hill from Tavastia away from the city centrum, past Musamaailma and you're there).

If you are going to visit Helsinki anytime soon (like go see Faith No More or go to the Tuska Festival) go test them out at the Soundata store, they import Schecters to Finland (The shop is at Albertinkatu 46, just go down the hill from Tavastia away from the city centrum, past Musamaailma and you're there).

Unfortunately I'm missing the FNM gig (which I'll hate myself for), but I'll be visiting Helsinki sometime this summer anyway. I'll be sure to check it out!

BTW, Soundata's list prices are quite ridiculous. The C-1 was 839e IIRC, while TopSound lists it at 690e :/