Guitar keeps cutting out

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
Well my LTD has developed this problem, it cuts out often and will only come back on when ive pushed the volume pot either up or down which tells me its some connection issue.

The pot in question was fairly loose so I tightend it up and took the back off and had a look inside, nothing wrong as far as I could see. All the solder was still there, connections seemed fine. But its still doing it and getting fairly annoying when im trying to record!

Any ideas of what it could be?

Sometimes there will be a loose connection somewhere else in the chain, and moving the pot will cause this connection to move. I had this issue with my bass...kept cutting out when I would bump the cable at the input jack, but the problem was actually at the mid control pot. So, make sure you check all the connections...

I personally think its a connection thats on the move as you said Brett....plus I hope it is! I might just whack the soldering iron on the connections just to make sure.

Check each connection and re-do any you aren't happy with. A full rewire wouldn't cost much more than £10 and a little bit of your time so worst case scenario your out 2 pints, a kebab and an hour of your time.

Ive tightend it up as much as I can by hand *I need to get a spanner thing to fit to do it properly* and I must admit it does seem to be better than before. But ill have the back off tommorow to double check all the connections as you say Razor.

But ive had loose pots before and ive never had this intermittant crackling when touched.