Guitar Messenger / Per Nilsson Guitar Solo Competition

Kazrog

Kazrog, Inc.
Mar 6, 2002
California
kazrog.com
I didn't see this here, and I'm proud to have Kazrog LLC among the companies offering prizes for this contest. There's a lot of talent around here, so I figured you guys should know...

----

The 2013 GUITAR MESSENGER & PER NILSSON SOLO COMPETITION is here!

1. Go to http://www.facebook.com/guitarmessenger & download the backing track available at the top right (next to the LIKES count). This is the solo section from Scar Symmetry's "Domination Agenda"

2. Record a video of you playing your own, original solo over the backing track.

3. Enter your submission at http://www.guitarmessenger.com/contest

PHASE ONE: Submit Your Entry
Apr 16 - May 7

PHASE TWO: Public Voting (Finalists Selected)
May 7 - May 14

PHASE THREE: Jury Votes to Rank Finalists & Determine Winners
May 14 ~ May 18

PHASE FOUR: Winners Announced
Around May 18

Super Special Celebrity Guitar Hero Jury: Per Nilsson, Jeff Loomis, Ola Englund, and Ralph Santolla!

Ok this is a very emotional moment for me since this is my first necrobump... just..:cry:...give me a moment to collect my thoughts...

Ok, now that we got that out of the way, did anyone keep a copy of the domination agenda backing track from this contest and is willing to share? Google wasn't really helpful.

Reactions: newamerikangospel
Well, screw you guys, I made my own backing track, with blackjack, and hookers.

Link in the video description.

Real pain in the ass to play this solo btw. It kinda looked simple, but if you want to nail all the bends,vibrato, pinch harmonics etc. on one take you can drive yourself mad :p
I still didn't get it 100% percent, and I might have done a couple of subtle punch ins, but it's pretty close.

Reactions: rapucore
I think you need to find another occupation because you clearly failed as a guitar player!ahah joking, great solo.But can you play smoke on water with groove? Yes that´s another level. :D

Almost makes want to pick my guitar to play, if I knew how!lol

Reactions: Keregioz
The phrasing is fucking awesome indeed, but unfortunately I can't take any credit for it, haha, this is the actual solo from the song "domination agenda".

But I'll take all the compliments about the playing :p Thanks guys.