Guitar multieffect advice...

Ola Englund

Only gay in the village
Dec 1, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
www.olaenglund.com
I'm searching for a multi-effect covering the basic needs like chorus, delay, gate, maybe compressor etc. I've owned the gmajor for a couple of times and back then it was the ONLY choice in the pricerange.

So how's the market now? Any new multieffects I should check in to Or is the gmajor still the best bang for the buck?

It doesn't have to be a rack effect as long as it isn't one of those Boss ME mega pedal boards.

Yup, the XPression is reliable, sounds great, and allows you to set up presets that totally bypass the AD/DA stage so there's no tone coloration. Apparently the now-discontinued Rocktron Intellifex also has relays for amp switching (as the G-major does), which is cool too

Yup, the XPression is reliable, sounds great, and allows you to set up presets that totally bypass the AD/DA stage so there's no tone coloration. Apparently the now-discontinued Rocktron Intellifex also has relays for amp switching (as the G-major does), which is cool too

Cool, gotta check into that. I used to own a Intellifex and was pretty pleased with it.

Cool, gotta check into that. I used to own a Intellifex and was pretty pleased with it.

I love my rocktron replifex. Haven't tried a lot of newer stuff but then again I haven't needed to. Has all the classic effects covered like flange, spring verb, chorus, delays, rotary, no silly or cheesy stuff. Totally transparent as there is no preamp and patched into the fx loop of my laney gh100l it gives me tons of options due to the parametric eq. Throw in midi, channel switching, hush etc and its a great deal, even today.

Oh yeah, it might be the Replifex - I dunno, wait until Matt Parsons chimes in, he has one of the two

I'm searching for a multi-effect covering the basic needs like chorus, delay, gate, maybe compressor etc. I've owned the gmajor for a couple of times and back then it was the ONLY choice in the pricerange.

So how's the market now? Any new multieffects I should check in to Or is the gmajor still the best bang for the buck?

It doesn't have to be a rack effect as long as it isn't one of those Boss ME mega pedal boards.

LOL I was just going to say that I've put my Boss ME-50 on the market. If you reconsider, it's going for $300 AUD (roughly 150 EUR).

LOL I was just going to say that I've put my Boss ME-50 on the market. If you reconsider, it's going for $300 AUD (roughly 150 EUR).

;) Not to bash the ME pedals, I know they're awesome but I want a midi effect that I can controll with my engl-pedal

Just curious what would the shipping be Australia-Sweden? probably the same price as the unit itself.

;) Not to bash the ME pedals, I know they're awesome but I want a midi effect that I can controll with my engl-pedal

The replifex will not only respond to MIDI But also remaps patch changes out to other devices so, for example, you could switch to patch 37 on the replifex and have it in turn send a patch change to no 54 on another piece of midi gear. The unit will also do channel switching on your amp which is also controllable via MIDI of course and saved as part of a preset.

Honestly think the unit sounds like what you need. Since there's no preamp you can easily use it with other gear in the future.

I've been pleased with the FX on my gt pro. Sound good to me and very tweakable. Have it running 4CM sounding fine. The only problem I am battling with it now is for some reason the pre loop (where I run my pedals, TS7 and Decimator) get's a weird off and on buzz noise. If I raise the threshold of the NS within the GT pro it goes away. But that makes no sense to me as the pre loop is supposed to be before that and my decimator should kill that noise as it is in that loop. puzzling.