Guitar pan,mix....

sockerbeat

Metal-God!
Nov 30, 2010
Sweden
Hello! :)

I just wonder a few things like panner,volume,mix,dub guitars....

Okay, i use amplitube 3 and impulses but doesn't get that fat and heavy sound.

okay,
What mix do you use on a heavy guitar like the devil wears prada, asking alexandria, attack attack similiar sound? (like EQ,Compressor,limiter....)

How many guitars is the standard for a good sound on a verse? leads and dubs..

should the dub guitars be much more lower then the lead guitars? and should the dubs have the same sound as the lead guitar or should it have any other sound?

what is the standard pan for good sound? like lead is 100 Right and the other 100 left but what should the dubs be?

Thank you very much for answers :)

Peace! \m/ (o_O) \m/

You need to make this a little more clear and less confusing.
What do you mean by "dubs"? Rhythm Guitar? The Rhythm should usually be 100% L and R.
Lead guitar should be in the middle at 0. If you have two leads, then put them at 25% L and R.
Two rhythm guitars is just fine for the whole song.
The rhythm guitars should be at a constant volume too, a few exceptions apply though.
Lead guitars should be mixed so they sit on top of the rhythm guitars without it sounding too jumbled. I cut ALOT of lows for leads. And by "Leads" I'm talking about solos and harmonies and stuff like that.
And NO ONE is going to give you a preset for a certain sound. There are countless joey sturgis threads so look through those.
You really should read the rules on the forum before posting.

I'm no expert in mixing guitars but I do know that it really does depend on a lot of things such as style and what the track needs etc. Generally if you are doing two rhythm guitar track they are panned hard left and right. However if you're doing 4 usually you should bring a pair of them in slightly (between 50 - 75%).