Guitar Rig 3 VS Peavey ReValver MKIII

WesNyle269

Oct 10, 2008
Niles, Michigan
www.facebook.com
Sorry wasnt to sure if there was already a post on this or not.

Ok so im wanting to buy ONE of these!!! But I dont know which one to choose!!! Any helpful tips or anything!?

I can get ReValver for around $250.00 OR I can get Guitar Rig 3 for $350.00 BUT Guitar Rig 3 COMES WITH a Rig Kontrol 3 (A decently nice looking stomp board with volume control foot plate)

So which is better? And if at all possible can you post some clips of your work and tell me what you used and added with it. Like if you used ReValver, what set up exactly and did you add IR Samples or what.

THANKS GUYS!!!

I really really like the Überschall sim of Guitar Rig 3, but for heavy tones Revalver might probably be the better solution overall.

With previous versions of Guitar Rig, I couldn't get a good heavy tone out of it if my life depended on it. But as I said, I think the Überschall sim is pretty neat...

Well, so far is seems to be a land slide for ReValver.

Does anyone have any songs or anything that they have USED ReValver on so I can hear the tone and what not that I can achieve with it, if its not to much trouble. Thanks guys!

Well, so far is seems to be a land slide for ReValver.

Does anyone have any songs or anything that they have USED ReValver on so I can hear the tone and what not that I can achieve with it, if its not to much trouble. Thanks guys!

Just look around the "Rate my mix/tone.."-section, there are tons of Revalver clips around...

But why don't you just download both demos and have a go for yourself?! ;)

revalver has better sounding amp sims....but i remember fucking around with GR2 a while back, and really liked the effects and stompbox emulations they had in there

i know some dudes who use that shit solely for the effects...and don't even ever use them on guitar tracks

i know everyone around loves revalver, and i've heard amazing stuff done with it, but still, personally, i get better tones out of amplitube using third party IR vst's...

/edit/ sorry, btw, i only tested the demo version of mkIII... //

revalver has better sounding amp sims....but i remember fucking around with GR2 a while back, and really liked the effects and stompbox emulations they had in there

i know some dudes who use that shit solely for the effects...and don't even ever use them on guitar tracks

There is some wicked effects/synth stuff going on in Guitar Rig. I used to do all sorts of weird audio-collages for university with it... like miming industrial machines and environments just with the guitar, blended with the real deal. And some sort of avant-garde/IDM tracks...

Well with Revalver im messing with it (Demo) and I can NOT get a good metal sound. Its like a more rock/blues sound is all I can get! ........ Can someone show me there set up to get an AWESOME Metal sound so I can mess with it from there?

Well with Revalver im messing with it (Demo) and I can NOT get a good metal sound. Its like a more rock/blues sound is all I can get! ........ Can someone show me there set up to get an AWESOME Metal sound so I can mess with it from there?

How can you not get a metal sound with revalver?

Try these settings....he posted them a pic in the thread. This is not mine, i just remember liking these settings!

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/rate-my-mix-tone-threads/424971-flames-fatness-revalver.html

Guitar Rig has more and better effects but I like the base tone of Revalver, more realistic I think. However Revalver lets you use outside plugins which is pretty sweet too.