Peavey Revalver Vs. Line 6 Pod Farm

Peavey Revalver Versus Line 6 Pod Farm

• Revalver

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • Pod Farm

Votes: 30 52.6%

• Total voters
Revalver with the Recabinet Demo kicks the ass of any amp simulation there is.
Just mix the 6505 with the Dual Rectifier, slap the TSE 808 Beta (gain and tone at 7) infront of it and youre done.
Revalver doensn't do itself justice with the horrible onboard impulses, use it with anything else and it will blow your mind.

Example by me : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8986797/Songs/Deathdrivefinal2.mp3

This doesn't have any good production on guitars and it may not be everyones favourite sound, but you get the idea :D

Oh yes, you used the JSX, that thing is a bit wonky to me, but if you dig that sound its nice.

To me those POD metal sounds always have that harshness to them ... they kinda sound like Line6 was trying to hard, a bit like a Boss Metal Zone made into and amp, stereotypical wierd metal sound.
Revalver sounds a lot more natural to me, more like the amp and not the preset.

Just mix the 6505 with the Dual Rectifier, slap the TSE 808 Beta (gain and tone at 7) infront of it and youre done.
Revalver doensn't do itself justice with the horrible onboard impulses, use it with anything else and it will blow your mind.

This doesn't have any good production on guitars and it may not be everyones favourite sound, but you get the idea :D

Oh yes, you used the JSX, that thing is a bit wonky to me, but if you dig that sound its nice.

To me those POD metal sounds always have that harshness to them ... they kinda sound like Line6 was trying to hard, a bit like a Boss Metal Zone made into and amp, stereotypical wierd metal sound.

It SOUND AWESOME!!!!

Could you share your preset... inserts chain and all the info about it?

Do you really feel as though that sound could not be achieved with PODfarm? Or a better one?

Idk if you realize, but that tone isn't all that great.

The impulse makes it sound like the mic was held 5 feet from the amp, and the mix itself is strickly demo quality.

I dig the POD tone more Kyle :X The Rev tone is cool, but there is not enough attack for me at all in there.

Do you really feel as though that sound could not be achieved with PODfarm? Or a better one?

I know its not that good, but I have seriously not been able to achieve anything close with PODfarm standard.
I must say that iam pretty much satifsied with the tone I got on that track, even the natural and "far" feeling, I just like guitars sounding that way, it comes down to taste I guess.
The opposite would be the "metalzone made an amp" Pantera like sound that a lot of people tend to dig, but I really don't like that.
I must say I have never heared a POD sound anything close to a nice tube amp.
To me its just all wannabe Rectifier saw sounds ... :loco:

/Yeah, thats exactly evident in K Odells A/B.
Listen to how plastic that POD sounds ...

zirkon: send me DI's and a backing. Also, just noticed you said "PODfarm standard" you really need the metal shop pack with the Cali Diamondplate model if you want a remotely decent ampsim - nothing in the standard model list is useful, or at least to me there isn't.

they're both good IMO, but revalver has a strange character that i can't seem to get rid of in my mixes, and it drives me crazy.. and always back to podfarm..

thanks,

zirkon: send me DI's and a backing. Also, just noticed you said "PODfarm standard" you really need the metal shop pack with the Cali Diamondplate model if you want a remotely decent ampsim - nothing in the standard model list is useful, or at least to me there isn't.

Truth about the Cali Diamond Plate.
Much better than the Treadplate Dual model

nothing in the standard model list is useful, or at least to me there isn't.

The Treadplate Dual can be great (just see what Sneap did with it), and so can the Spinal Puppet (my favourite along with the Bogner Uber). Insane model has its uses as an fx. I also heard a great album using the L6 Treadplate, but I never had much luck myself.