guitar setup question

fat bastard

Nov 19, 2004
i'm changing strings and tuning and im curious which is the best order of operations in respect to truss rod adjustment, setting intonation, and adjusting action. if im lucky i might be able to avoid playin with my truss rod but im still unsure about the last two or does it even matter. im thinking that one will effect the other no matter which i do first. input appreciated.:kickass:

is your guitar neck bent?

A truss rod isn't something you mess around with unless you really know what your doing. I would take it to a guitar tech.

War_Blade said:
is your guitar neck bent?

A truss rod isn't something you mess around with unless you really know what your doing. I would take it to a guitar tech.

the truss rod probably wouldnt be a problem for me and wasn't really my big concern. im more interested in whether i should do my intonation after or before i do the string height adjustment. i picked a pretty good gauge for the tuning i want so the tension should balance out.

hamer.jpg

duct-tape.jpg

fat bastard said:
the truss rod probably wouldnt be a problem for me and wasn't really my big concern. im more interested in whether i should do my intonation after or before i do the string height adjustment. i picked a pretty good gauge for the tuning i want so the tension should balance out.

your strings and springs are gonna be streching out anyways so it doesn't even matter. Your gonna have to go back and forth.