guitar setup???

IntoTheAbyss

Choke on your Lies
Nov 1, 2003
usa
www.myspace.com
i have a Les Paul Studio..... i want to use Baritone tuning dropped to B..my question is..... do any of you experienced guitar tuners think 56's is too heavy? i have alot of fret buzz and i think the dude who set it up for me tightened the truss rod way too much{thought he knew what he was doing :rolleyes:}it looks like the neck has backbow which is probably why im getting buzz up near the nut, and i dont want to go messing around with that stuff cuz ill end up screwing it up even more, im planning on finding a good guitar tech to look at it but do you think some relief and some bridge height adjustment will fix it? :confused: :yell:

I would find someone who does guitar work for a living, and bring it to them after you check some of their references if possible...that's an awful nice guitar you have and I'd hate to see someone mess it up because they wanted to act like they knew what they were doing...

JB

You want to loosen up that truss rod. You need some room for the looser strings to vibrate. Having supa-low action will just increase buzzing when tuned down to the klingon alphabet. The bridge adjustment may help too.