Guitar Strings

Infernal_Wisdom

Gate Keeper
Feb 10, 2004
Ontario
I play a BC Rich Beast and I was wondering what gauge strings I should use if I want to tune to B

Right now I am using (13, 18, 28, 32, 42, 52)
All the strings sound good except the low one, it sounds alright but the tone can be better. Does anyone know what Amon Amarth, Bloodbath and alike bands use.

Also if you use the same tuning what strings do you use or which ones would you suggest

Thanks fellow metal heads

i use 10-52's. and it sounds fine when i got it tuned to B. if it sounds like shit then it could be your pickups if you got standard bc.rich pups in there. bc.rich pups are known to suck balls and ive never herd a good one. but some ppl over time learn how to make any guitar with anything on it sound bad ass... so.... my recomendation would be to practice =D

For B tuning, you should get the thickest fucking strings you can find. The 10-52 are what I use tuned down only one step. I would look for a set that puts the low string around 60+. The key is tension especially if you center your playing around speed picking.

I believe it's a matter of taste. Of course thicker strings both keep the tone better and can in some ways be easier to play when tuning down. However, too thick strings isn't entirely good for the guitar.. I used up to 066 at an experimental time when I tuned to A, but that's pretty hard to play with. Olli and Johan uses d'addario xl 012-052 set but it takes a good guitar to make that sound good when the strings are pretty loose

i always laugh when i see your name cuz everyone called my high school shop teacher mr.z or Z or wahtever, and he was always talking to me about metal in his day and stuff and askin me what good death metal bands he should check out and stuff. so i always think that you are him. but your in CA. so ur not.

i use a neckthru BCrich Warlock (NJ) and the stock pick up sound great for stock pick up! I also use blue steel .9 for strings. If your looking to better your sound like someone else said your need thicker strings,there is no way ucan use 10 and have a very good sound,TENSION its against the laws of physics... hehehe

I just re strung my axe with DR Handmade DDT 13 - 56. They are awesome. No need to.bed in. Tonally perfect and the low strings are really responsive considering the guage. Defo sticking with these. Even work fine for the drop a (I think) on guardians of asgaard. Loving the new Jim Dunlop tortex TIII 1.5 mm picks too. Wicked combination!!!!

\m/:heh:\m/