Guitar Strings

Originally posted by veil the sky
GOD! why does EVERYONE use d'addario????
not just here but everywhere. i HATE d'addario. they sound tinny and break a lot.

I use D'Addarios and they very rarely break. Maybe I play D'Addario style then... :D
My friend used to snap a string at least once a week. I think it depends on how you play, among other things. :rolleyes:

Yes, ive never encountered a string that doesnt last for at least 4 or 5 months. Its probably your fault learn to ajust the action, check the frets, learn to correctly put the new strings on ( nothing to be ashame of if you dont really know, it took me several years to get the exact tension i want from certain tunning )

mine used to constantly break at the bridge I had to file the motherfucker down.

I use D'addario .11-.49's on my Epiphone SG and D'addario .9-.42's on my BC Rich Warlock

All ernie balls. Pink pack+54 (09-54) on my 7strings(both ibanez UV's) , purple pack (11's) on anything tuned to C/C# (with some strings a bit thicker. Guitar store assistants hate swapping strings :) ) .10's for Tuning down to D, and then 09's for anything in E/Eb. I should reallyt try to stick to one tuning though...

I am going to attempt to tune down one of the axes to something ridiculously low at some point, just to get that cathedral heaviness (heard it this weekend and was like cool!) Go I might try going down to G or something for a laugh :D

as for axes there's a small herd of ibanez's in my room that have various purposes tunings etc.

The strings thast camed with my guitar lasted like a year! it is fucking funny now that i think about it. and another thing about d'addario. i used them once and they arn't that bad the only reason i stopped using them is because when it snapped after about 3 1/2 months it slashed my eye.:cry:

Originally posted by 7 Dying Trees
All ernie balls. Pink pack+54 (09-54) on my 7strings(both ibanez UV's) , purple pack (11's) on anything tuned to C/C# (with some strings a bit thicker. Guitar store assistants hate swapping strings :) ) .10's for Tuning down to D, and then 09's for anything in E/Eb. I should reallyt try to stick to one tuning though...

I am going to attempt to tune down one of the axes to something ridiculously low at some point, just to get that cathedral heaviness (heard it this weekend and was like cool!) Go I might try going down to G or something for a laugh :D

as for axes there's a small herd of ibanez's in my room that have various purposes tunings etc.

Buy a 6 strings bass.

I use 11-5-'s, either D'addario or GHS boomers....Right now I have 9's on my guit, but I broke my high string so I'm putting boomers on tomorrow

I use D'addario 9-42

I play A PRS Custom 24 Bloodred color AA Flame
1998 American Strat Vintage white, its sooo beat up, lol it looks like a '67 ive lit the headstock on fire, smashed it, and it still plays like a beauty...
Ibanez RG7620 dark dark blue, that Im trying my damnest to sell

I plug through a rack, yes im a rack n' roller...mesa triaxis, 2:90 power amp, lexicon reverb, line 6 delay...bleh