recomend me strings for drop-b

had this convo with greg a while back about string sizes when I accidentally put acoustic strings to my guitar:

I know what you mean. I am normaly more of a thin player, but I need that heavy strings because of the extreme rythm guitar stuff of ma new band.
Its all about off-beats and heavy hittin so the thin strings aint cuttin it.

http://www.myspace.com/bifmusic

Listen to something more. It was tracked with .48 in drop-b.
Sounds great but intonation was a filthy BITCH.
And I had to play all the breakdowns for the kids because they couldnt handle that low tuning with thin strings tight.....

I want something like this:

(damn the singer looks like Wesly Snider from inter mailand)

Last edited by a moderator:
I currently am successfuly tuned to drop A tho, and it kicks the crap out of drop D. Way more powerful, .

I beg to differ. Well not 100%. It all depends on the guitarplayer. I hear alot of guys with low tuned guitars and it sounds wimpy. Slayer use Eb and they sound heavier, no brutal, than most guitarplayers. So yes it all depends who's playing.

Megin said:
I beg to differ. Well not 100%. It all depends on the guitarplayer. I hear alot of guys with low tuned guitars and it sounds wimpy. Slayer use Eb and they sound heavier, no brutal, than most guitarplayers. So yes it all depends who's playing.

Ya I bet. But when i play in that low tuning it feels a lot beefier to me. Maybe not as powerful tho. The singing range was actually one of the big things that made me switch tho. Even tho one might wonder who the hell sings when playing in Drop A XD

Dig Ernie Not Even Slinky on my 24.75 LP copy.
They work good.
Intonate well.
Sound tight.

On my Ibanez's's's's Rg's they are pretty much perfect for me.

Although, they sort of are a bit suck on my LTD(24.75) although I think its just cause its set up pretty shit.

I've been using the Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky's as well and buying single wound 24's to swap out for the plain one that comes in the set. I like em, but lately I've been wondering if I should try something heavier