Sudden drop in DI volume

Oct 4, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Hey guys

I was recording the other day directly in the instrument input of my Profire 2626 and I noticed a quick volume drop when I was listening back.

What's weird to me is that it's a very quick drop (0.1 seconds or less) and the volume goes back to normal right after so it's not like if I accidentally touched the volume knob on the guitar.

This is the only time I experienced this.

It sounds to me like the volume gets slightly ducked.. I don't think it's because I wasn't hitting the strings as hard as the other parts.

Anyone ever seen something like this? Something wrong with the guitar or my interface maybe?

It's that small bit just before it switches to open string power chords

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems fine to me but I don't have an RMS meter or anything on me. But if it's there like you say then it could be any number of things. Maybe you messed up there, maybe one of your cables isn't working properly and got nudge the wrong way at some point, maybe your computer just messed up for a second. If it's just this one single take I don't think it's worth worrying about it just yet. Experiment some more and let us know if it happens again.

Hey guys

I was recording the other day directly in the instrument input of my Profire 2626 and I noticed a quick volume drop when I was listening back.

What's weird to me is that it's a very quick drop (0.1 seconds or less) and the volume goes back to normal right after so it's not like if I accidentally touched the volume knob on the guitar.

This is the only time I experienced this.

It sounds to me like the volume gets slightly ducked.. I don't think it's because I wasn't hitting the strings as hard as the other parts.

Anyone ever seen something like this? Something wrong with the guitar or my interface maybe?

It's that small bit just before it switches to open string power chords

Yep, same thing happens to me with my profire as well, I'd say maybe once every few hours. Well known crappy thing about those profires.

Last edited by a moderator: