Guitar....sweeping

Hey, no problem, man!
Wich sweeps do you want to learn, any Children of Bodom sweep?
Check out the Tabs from any COB Song, Alexi always uses to "noodle" them!
First of all you should start with sweep over 3 strings!

thanks man
yeah i want to learn bodom sweeps
what do you mean by 'noodle'ing?
when it comes to guitar, i've been playin for 3-4 years, im no novice, so i know most of the terms and stuff like that..... but i hardly know anything at all about sweeping
3 string sweeps? what songs would those be in?

Originally posted by blackened533
hey... is there anyone here that can sweep pick?
where did you learn how?
Thilo is the man here to give you good advises on sweep picking :) . How long had you played again Thilo?

Shocked, well 12 years of noodling :D is a hell of time. I play only 4, but sweeping of alexis isnt so hard at all in some songs, but f.e. on kissing the shadows, those supreme fast sweeps are imposible to play for me now, maybe in ten years time? :>

U can also start with a sweep drom bad of razors, if we can call that a sweep.

I've been playing for 5 years, but only started to sweep when I "discovered" COB. Personally I think it doesn't matter wether you start with 3 or any other number of string sweeps.The important thing is that you practice it slowly the first time(no-one likes sloppy guitar playing) and build op your speed over time.
Try understanding the theory behind arpeggio's too, so that you can write your own arpeggio's, it would also make it a bit easier to remember some sweeping pieces.

Another excellent example of sweeping to begin with is Silent Night, Bodom Night.
Just don't go anywhere near Kissing the Shadows!

thanks for the ideas guys, but i just realized i can't play guitar right now... haha i was playin basketball last night, and jammed my index finger on the ball, and its about as an oktoberfest sausage right now:), and i also got a nice split fingertip from that as well.
so no guitar playin for me for a couple days
i'll post again when i've tried some of those songs