guitar tabs now illegal...

Seance

Still Writes in Crayon
Feb 20, 2003
US
Visit site
haven't posted here in awhile (not since Joey got back with thrax at least, but not because of that, I'm more of a lurker/reader), so hi to everyone

I'm sure you've all heard it by now

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4508158.stm

freedom of expression, one's ear-transcribed interpretation of a song, is now illegal, and tab sites are being shut down

you know what? fuck this shit, I can't sit down after a day at work to learn a new song on my guitar anymore, because learning new songs and improving your guitar playing and enjoying music is now illegal, fuck off

I'm not buying a single album (I only used to download mp3's to preview bands I never heard of, or for rare/live stuff), I'm not buying a single movie (never downloaded movies before), I'm sure as shit not buying a tab book, this is the last straw, the RIAA, MPAA, and MPA can all kiss my ass, nobody is getting shit from me anymore, I am stealing EVERYTHING from here on out right off the glorious internet, every album, every movie, every tab I need I will still find, I will feel like shit giving one penny more of my money to any of these greedy corporate cocksuckers, so I simply won't

I've always used guitar tabs sites as guides to when I'm stumped about a song. I used them all the time but nowadays I just play stuff by ear. I can understand why you'd be so pissed. I'm pissed too. But someone's gotta put of a fight. It's like banning, for example, a movie critics review of a movie in the newspaper because the name of the movie in the newspaper helped sell more subscriptions to the newspaper.

I've been to all those guitar tab sites and I find that most of them are wrong anyway, but they're still good guidelines. What a shame.

it must suck but i dont bother learning other bands songs,probably not a good thing but i just enjoy making up my own heavy ass riffs,bad news for beginner guitarists.

ah there will still be tabs, they'll just move around bit more now and not have massive sites towards them, just haver to look harder from now on

fuck the music industry tho, sick of it........ so they only made a few billion dollars profit last year. motherfuckers.

So what's next? Anytime you play a Metallica song on your guitar at home you have to mail Lars $0.50. (not that anyone wants to play metallica)
F those a-holes.

ya they guys here re-assured me that there will be tabs..but it makes u get off ur ass and learn by ear(which sometimes sux)

Whiplash402 said:
i posted this like 2 weeks ago but luckily for u i found a site that they didnt shut down

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

u can get powertabs on here too

Ultimate guitar was the first place I checked when I heard about this.
That's fucking stupid to ban guitar tabs, it's not like everybody's now gonna buy the tab books because you can still get them from your local library.

For the starter of this thread: You shouldn't take it out on the bands when the music industry fucks us over.

Salvatore said:
So what's next? Anytime you play a Metallica song on your guitar at home you have to mail Lars $0.50. (not that anyone wants to play metallica)
F those a-holes.
Ssh! Don't give them any ideas!

DarrellDethSDMF said:
Ultimate guitar was the first place I checked when I heard about this.
That's fucking stupid to ban guitar tabs, it's not like everybody's now gonna buy the tab books because you can still get them from your local library.

For the starter of this thread: You shouldn't take it out on the bands when the music industry fucks us over.

hes right its the goddamn MPA:yell: :devil:

Totally fucking lame.. I still havent had a problem finding tabs yet though.... Fucking ridiculous anyhow, next thing you know cover bands are going to have to pay the RIAA to play at local bars..

Dont worry guys. They must be talking about M Jackson. Apparently you cant photocopy tabelature but you can write it out yourself?. Just dumb fuck laws. All their saying here is "we want money from you from now on" without saying it.