guitar tightness contest?

Calippo Tecks

Feb 6, 2005
Belgium
I was thinking about this.
Since their are alot of guitar players in here, maybe a 'guitar tightness' contest would be nice.

My idea is like this, there's a basic song with some rhythm metal riffs and tabs for it of how to play it. The idea is to let everyone play it atap (as tight as possible) in DI tracks and let someone else reamp all the DI tracks of everyone and place them in a mix (drums and bassguitar). Ofcourse everyone has a different guitar setup and a preset for reamping everything will not work good for everyone, but isn't that just where it starts to get interesting?
Anyway, I think this could be worked out further.

If you're interested let me know or suggestions for this concept are welcome!

Things I can do:
I can provide a song and host everything like MarkG does for the guitar tone competition.

I'm not the best with bassguitar and drum tones so if anyone is interested for that...

I was going to say they could post a project file of just their guitar track, but not everyone uses the same DAW...

I wouldn't allow editing, but yeah it'll probably happen and it'll be difficult to see who did some editing.
On the other hand there's nothing to win on this 'competition' and the main thing would be having fun and experience out of it in a different way.
One thing I'd like to say is I would share everything, DI tracks as well, just so everyone can noodle arround with it if they like (after the competition)

Well, I do think it would be pretty easy to spot editing in the waveform of the DI but it would be messy for sure trying to bust people lol. I still think its a cool idea but mostly because it would be cool to hear the differences in everybody's hand tone. Anyways I'm down.

I'd love to get see the outcome of this.. (obv not gonna participate though..)
maybe a video with along with the playing could help detect whether the performance was edited or not?

Alright, nice to see some interest in this.
I have a shitload of free time atm, so I'll try to put a song together next week.
I think it would be nice to a distorted part, then a clean part and then distorted again so everyone can split the song in three takes.
Yes, making a video of the playing is a solution, but some people might not be able to record theirselves playing and uploading videos and all that, but I keep it in mind for sure.
For now lets just see who more is interested for this, just reply and I add you to a list.

Yeah, I'm working on a song right now. :headbang:
If anyone is interested doing the drumsound or playing some bass, let me know.
I'll give you some tabs and midi for the drums when finished.

It could be an Aaron Carter song and Kyle would play it and it would sound like BUAAAOOWWWW BAOOWWW DJUN DJUN DJUN BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOW BAZAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUWWWW, OOOEEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOEEE!

And it would be 100% locked to the grid on the first take for all 4 tracks, but he would keep deleting it and redoing it for hours anyways