Guitar tone comparison. Help me choose!

brianhood

No Care Ever
They do sound very similar to me, but im gonna have to say I like the 2nd one better. It sounds just the slightest bit thicker imo.

Similar indeed but tone 1 seems heavier, tone 2 is more defined , so if the band is playing mostly simple riffs i go with the first tone .

Patch?

i think i preefur old.mp3

although both have something.. funny about them?

thanks dudes! I went will number 1 with this poject. It was the "Big Bottom" amp as opposed to the Diamondplate amp i usually use.
And yeah, i'm using pod farm now. Made my life 10x easier since i can tweak tones as i record. This was especially useful for that pop punk band i recorded last week. I started with the mesa, and it was too gainy, so i worked out a completely new tone using the Match Chief amp and a screamer.

Also, i didn't know it at the time, but i was losing a noticeable amount of tone quality running the pod into my aux input of my 003 via speaker cables. I a/b checked the pod tone with the pod farm tone with exact same settings, and the pod farm sounded better.

good times:)

interesting, about the going straight to interface, once i done the exams i reckon i will get pod farm and try going straight to interface

oh...any chance of a preset?:headbang:

did you use podx3? because i can't open this with line 6 edit or gearbox with my podxt for some reason