Guitar tuning for Demon of the fall ?

drowd

Feb 11, 2008
The title says everything... Anybody knows it ? cuz it really like to learn the song.

Every Opeth song is in Standard expect Demon of the Fall, Blackwater Park and Porcelain Heart which are all in Dropped D.

Ghost Reveries is in DADFAD which is an Open Dm tuning. The only expection to that tuning on GR is Reverie/Harlequin Forest which is in DADFAE. Forgot to mention that Hours of Wealth is in Standard as well is Atonement.

There you go. Have fun.

Every Opeth song is in Standard expect Demon of the Fall, Blackwater Park and Porcelain Heart which are all in Dropped D.

Ghost Reveries is in DADFAD which is an Open Dm tuning. The only expection to that tuning on GR is Reverie/Harlequin Forest which is in DADFAE. Forgot to mention that Hours of Wealth is in Standard as well is Atonement.

There you go. Have fun.

I don't know why people persist in the DADFAD rumour, because Mikael has clearly said that it's DADFAE.

Direct quote from an audio interview:

Fredrik: "In Opeth we use three different tunings basically."
Mikael: "Mostly standard tuning but the last time it was the open tuning, which was a drop D? DADFAE I think it was?"
Fredrik: "The G string goes to F and the B string goes to A and the low E goes to D"

I don't know why people persist in the DADFAD rumour, because Mikael has clearly said that it's DADFAE.

Direct quote from an audio interview:

Fredrik: "In Opeth we use three different tunings basically."
Mikael: "Mostly standard tuning but the last time it was the open tuning, which was a drop D? DADFAE I think it was?"
Fredrik: "The G string goes to F and the B string goes to A and the low E goes to D"

Uhh.. well I play in DADFAD on Ghost of Perdition, Baying etc. It sounds perfect.

The only song that needs to be in DADFAE is Reverie/Harlequin Forest... it sounds fine for me... and its not really a rumor.

Uhh.. well I play in DADFAD on Ghost of Perdition, Baying etc. It sounds perfect.

The only song that needs to be in DADFAE is Reverie/Harlequin Forest... it sounds fine for me... and its not really a rumor.

The tuning is wrong and this has been proven before.

It's a rumour because people persist in spreading around that Ghost Reveries is in DADFAD, when it's not. It's in DADFAE, other than the two songs in standard E, and Mikael's said this on a lot of different occasions.

The tuning is wrong and this has been proven before.

It's a rumour because people persist in spreading around that Ghost Reveries is in DADFAD, when it's not. It's in DADFAE, other than the two songs in standard E, and Mikael's said this on a lot of different occasions.

Well DADFAD sounds fine for every song except for Hours of Wealth and Atonement which are in Standard, and R/HQ which must be in DADFAE.

I'm not saying it isnt wrong, I'm just saying the DADFAD tuning works.

Well DADFAD sounds fine for every song except for Hours of Wealth and Atonement which are in Standard, and R/HQ which must be in DADFAE.

I'm not saying it isnt wrong, I'm just saying the DADFAD tuning works.

It doesn't work for baying of the hounds. Also, Beneath the Mire is in standard. Now GTFO of the thread and stop trying to confuse people with your misinfo.

It doesn't work for baying of the hounds. Also, Beneath the Mire is in standard. Now GTFO of the thread and stop trying to confuse people with your misinfo.

Oh yeah, BTM is in Dropped D though.

It does work for Baying, I've played fully through with the DADFAD.. cant we all just get along, I was just trying to help someone in need :erk:

Oh yeah, BTM is in Dropped D though.

It does work for Baying, I've played fully through with the DADFAD.. cant we all just get along, I was just trying to help someone in need :erk:

Not sure where you get drop D for Beneath the Mire from, as I don't hear any notes lower than a low E on the guitars.