a question about the song ":demon of the fall"

shaythan

New Metal Member
Aug 12, 2009
my friend and I got into an important undenyable question.
the meaning of the song "demon of the fall" is 'a fallen demon' or 'demon of the fall season'?

Silent dance with death.
Everything is lost.
Torn by the arrival of Autumn.
The blink of an eye, you know it's me.
You keep the dagger close at hand.

I think that should explain your question. :)

not really O.O
i dont speak English very well, sorry XD
what is the meaning of autumn?

I believe it's just a rule in English language that you put "the" before seasons (among other things of course) regardless if you talk about specifics.

I remember some of those rules from high school but it's been a long time...

I believe it's just a rule in English language that you put "the" before seasons (among other things of course) regardless if you talk about specifics.

I remember some of those rules from high school but it's been a long time...

I don't remember about such a rule, I will ask my teacher when the classes begin.

And hexwind.. always a pleasure seeing you calling me by my first name. Is your name Mohamed?

I found this on some page about grammar:

"We use the seasons of the year (spring, summer, autumn, winter) with or without the definite article."

So I guess it's correct either way. And about why, I'll go with the poster who said it flows better the way it is.

mango juice :kickass:
:lol:

'Demon of Fall' would imply that the demon emerges annually at the time of Autumn. Since MAYH takes place over the period of one year, the song describes the demon that emerges in the fall of that particular year, hence 'the fall' of year ####.

Plus, the minor pun of 'fall' as demise gives the song and the album a little bit more darkness, yay.