Votes: 47 49.0%
  • Just take it off the setlist

Votes: 23 24.0%

• Total voters

Nathan_lol

Sex Babies
Jun 25, 2008
Arizona
Which would you rather see Demon Of The Fall as, an opener or an encore? Demon Of The Fall would be a great opener, but the end part that's all beautiful and melodic is a great way to end a show, in my opinion. I'd rather it be an encore. Which would you rather?

The melody at the end makes it perfect for the end of show. That said, it would make an unbelievable opener. Probably go with an encore song though.

I've seen it 4 times, so I wouldn't be heartbroken, but it is one mother of a closer. 2nd night in Melbourne 06, the finished with Leper then came back out and did Deliverance then Demon. Fucking hell that destroyed. Edit: damn this is a nathan_lol thread, curse me for keeping it alive and indulging that moron.

I saw it as an opener...it was alright but really felt a bit strange because it finished and you're totally amazed, but that moment can't last for too long because you've got the rest of the set, whereas when it's the closer you have the rest of the night to be amazed :D

I think DotF should be the closer of their main set and then Blackwater Park should be the encore.

get if off the setlist. i've seen opeth 5 times, they've played it 4 times. i really do love the song, but i've heard it to much to want to hear it over another opeth song

^I agree. It's become way too predictable. However, It's just such a bad ass song that isn't too long that's brutal as hell. It's really is a perfect way for them to end the night.

i heard the drapery falls as a closer/encore, it was amazing, they finished with my all time favorite song(probably, it changes all the time really)

HAHA lol i didn't realise it was a Nathan_lol thread

interested to see that a few people want it off the list...personally for me it would be an epic closer