Should the encore be changed to Blackwater Park?

Should the encore be changed to Blackwater Park?

• Yes

Votes: 44 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 24 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's an outstanding song, but I think that they're better off with a shorter song closing. North America had BWP in the set the last two times around, so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't in the set other than the big shows.

BWP or A Fair Judgement. Completely different feels yes, but those would be the notes on which I'd like to end the concert. DotF is awesome live, and I'd love to hear it. But BWP and AFJ would just blow me away as the encore. I would leave so entranced.

BTW, if the Grand Conjuration becomes an encore I will shoot myself. I like the song, and the part where he screams the title is awesome, and I did love it live and would dig seeing it again. But not an encore.

I might be the minority here, but I would love to hear TGC live once more.
Live is by far the best setting for that song. And it would be a kick ass encore.

Moonlapse said:
Hell yes. Easily. BWP was one of the most uplifting experiences in my gigging life. It seriously owns Demon as an encore.

I agree, although "To Bid You Farewell" would be awesome as well.

\m/

of course thay should, demon off the fall is ok but we have heard it enough,
new material is as good and it would bring something new.
more of the damnation should be played in the shows also:headbang:

dedelechat said:
of course thay should, demon off the fall is ok but we have heard it enough,
new material is as good and it would bring something new.
more of the damnation should be played in the shows also:headbang:
Nah. In all honesty I love Damnation, but I want a chair if they're playing mellow music all night long.

I didn't mean all show but 1 song of dmanation would be nice, lets say after the intermission...

dedelechat said:
I didn't mean all show but 1 song of dmanation would be nice, lets say after the intermission...

... To Rid the Disease? They've been playing that as a part of their set for a long time.

Braighs said:
I might be the minority here, but I would love to hear TGC live once more.
Live is by far the best setting for that song. And it would be a kick ass encore.

TGC was the highlight of their set when I saw them. They played a few songs I like more on record, but TGC kicked the living shit out of them live. Best live song I'd ever seen at that point (now it ties with 'Love?' by SYL).

I can't punctuate enough how great the older material comes off live. From MAYH to BWP, those songs completely go off in a live setting. Having seen The Moor, April Ethereal and Blackwater Park... they just blew all the Deliverance and Damnation tracks straight out of the water. I seriously hope that the songs off GR stand up to the older material live, because at the moment I don't feel anything can eclipse the setlist from the last time they were down here.

See, I don't agree Moonlapse (although you're opinion is just as valid as mine :) ). I think Deliverance is the second best song live. TLA comes across well on the DVD, but seeing as they didn't play it, I'm not 100% sure what it would be like. CLosure was awesome too. But the older stuff (while I like it more) didn't play live as well as Deliverance or TGC. Maybe it was just that gig though...

*EDIT* Also, they didn't play BWP when I went to see them, but I would imagine that it would be stunning live. I would kill to see them play that :)

I've never seen them live :( but as I was pointing out in the other thread, Demon kind of mellows out toward the end whereas BWP (assuming they get rid of the little acoustic bit) climaxes at the very end. DotF's climax is when he screams the title about halfway through. I saw a video of Demon live and I was mystified why they use that as an encore. It belongs in the middle of the set. And no song could be a better encore than Blackwater Park.

And no song could be a better opener than The Moor.

Why would they make BwP, a song they usually play IN THEIR SET, as a closer, when DotF works perfectly as a closer, and BwP works perfectly as a normal set song.