The results are in...the BOTTOM to TOP of Opeth songs!

I'm regreting not adding The Grand Conjuration and I'm thinking this outcome is way flawed by it being so low???? That song is pretty fuckin' awesome...not overly fond of the video but it has a great heavy rhythm guitar tone...one of their best IMO...and the obtuse acoustic part is very Opethy...and Mikael's growls on it are very good...the only negative that I can find with it is that some of it drags on and could have been shortened up a bit or some more lead lines added to keep the interest level up but that could be said about a lot of their songs...I think their studio production has gotten better sounding on the later albums since BWP...it's more polished and high fidelity sounding...

Quite deservingly. Wreath is a masterpiece.

Good song with terrific solos, but nothing more. The intro just gets "tiresome" to me. As for Nectar - incredible melodic texturing. Man, that part "invisible eyes, red reflection...it is you - it is...you. Souling in the midst of the moor...*guitar/solo*" - perfection, I say (let's not forget the intro, either). How could anyone think anything less? Superior to Wreath, easily. But this is always a matter of taste and opinion, and clearly people here just don't like Nectar.

I'm regreting not adding The Grand Conjuration and I'm thinking this outcome is way flawed by it being so low????

:rolleyes: Sheesh, well of course it's going to seem flawed. Heck, I only did this because it seemd people weren't taking it seriously. I kinda think some were thinking I was just going to brush it off, but then I ended up doing it all since I wasn't getting any more responses.
Even with 100, instead of 38 it would seem flawed. In any case, I agree with some others that the top 10 for instance turned out quite well and don't think it'd be much different had more lists shown up. Maybe, maybe GoP would get a close 2nd or something, but the fact it was getting so many high ranks I doubt it.

as i see things GoP is definitely not no.1. why do so many of you guys think it is so much better than, say, blackwater park? (it got almost twice the votes) i'm just curious...

Here's a list from someone who has actually heard Orchid and Morningrise.

1. Advent
2. April Ethereal
3. The Leper Affinity
4. The Night and the Silent Water
5. Deliverance
6. Blackwater Park
7. Patterns in the Ivy II
8. The Twilight is my Robe
9. The Drapery Falls
10. When
11. Moonlapse Vertigo
12. Demon of the Fall
13. Windowpane
14. Nectar
15. In Mist She Was Standing
16. Bleak
17. To Bid You Farewell
18. Epilogue
19. Master's Apprentices
20. Closure...ha

No, if I had to pick from all Opeth songs which one to listen to at the moment, The Moor would be quite far down. I think I'd fall asleep during the first two minutes.

Anyway, it's just as fair for me to say that a list without Advent is just as useless.

Good song with terrific solos, but nothing more. The intro just gets "tiresome" to me. As for Nectar - incredible melodic texturing. Man, that part "invisible eyes, red reflection...it is you - it is...you. Souling in the midst of the moor...*guitar/solo*" - perfection, I say (let's not forget the intro, either).

Awww man... that part made me nearly wet myself when I first heard it. That is probably one of the most intense moments in music I've ever experienced.

GOP???

that got a explanation:

all the fucking newbie fans who knows Opeth with Ghost Reveries and the ultra-sucking video TGC.

I expected the winner was:

The Moor (most of all)
April Ethereal
When
Demon of the Fall

My favourite song is in the place 42th ¬¬

well... is the new road of Opeth lol

Awww man... that part made me nearly wet myself when I first heard it. That is probably one of the most intense moments in music I've ever experienced.

:headbang: Haha, niice dude! Good to know some here know an amazing moment when they hear it. You didn't include it in your top 20, did ya? See? I didn't, and that's the thing with Opeth - as much as this track kicks ass, there are just songs I like better overall than Nectar.

I kinda wish maybe now I had put more track in from Morningrise, but I did the best I could. I mean, heck, otherwise I'd just place all the songs in there, but that can't happen.

MasterOLightning: Thanks for the list! Seems this thing can still go far with all the recent ones I've received. :) Maybe a REVISED list can be done afterall. We'll see. But yeah, I've tallied up all the new ones already to my data. April Ethereal at #2 - haha, EXCellent!

But yet ANOTHER list WITHOUT The Moor??? Damn, hehe. Jesus, where the HELL are all THE MOOR lovers? That's what I'd like to know. They must be around somewhere....

I'm pretty surprised by this list. Forest Of October is one of the best Opeth songs and it's ranked a lowly 41st? Many of the great Opeth songs are sorely underrated by this poll.:erk:

Am I the only one that thinks Beneath the Mire should be a lot higher? I've let Ghost Reveries sink in and I feel it to be loads better that Ghost of Perdition.

There's no way GOP should be #1...

I thought the original thread was a fun thing to participate in and commend you on your efforts but it's really futile to try to catagorize a "best of" list wrt Opeth because their whole catalogue is awesome!!! I posted my list over a month ago and it would be totally different now and it will most likely be something else a month from now...but like I said, it is fun to see what people's favorites are.