time for a new encore song?

i think bwp would work well as a closer.. that intro and the acoustic outro dominates everything. Karma also works well as a closer. I do think they should scratch demon of the fall for eternity lol. They've pretty much played that song out in my opinion. I would think they are getting tired of it by now!

no one here talks much about orchid or morningrise songs. The twilight is my robe is the best opeth song, and orchid is the best opeth album. Take your deliverance and damnation and put them on the shelf for awhile.

Having seen the band live only once, I think they should keep playing Demon of the Fall as their closer for a while. Deliverance would be a realy nice closer, as well as In the Mist She Was Standing with its outstanding harmony outro.
The Moor is definetly my pick as the opener.

Hail to Opeth.

Dreadful said:
no one here talks much about orchid or morningrise songs. The twilight is my robe is the best opeth song, and orchid is the best opeth album. Take your deliverance and damnation and put them on the shelf for awhile.

Well, the band doesn't like those songs....I don't want to watch a band playing music they don't like. I fuckin hate that. When the band isn't having fun, I'm not having fun.

that'd be cool if they did what primus is doing

do a bunch of their songs, then run through one of their albums, then an encore
i think mayh would be a good album to do that with

I'd like em to keep closing with Demon. The opener is a more interesting topic. I've seen them open with Godhead's Lament and Master's Apprentice.
Godhead's Lament wasnt that great as an opener but Master's Apprentice kicked serious ass. I'd love to see them open with The Moor or April Ethereal.

My dream setlist would be this:
1. The Moor
2. Godhead's Lament
3. Benighted
4. April Ethereal
5. The Leper Affinity
6. Master's Apprentice
7. Deliverance
8. Blackwater Park
---Encore---
9. Ending Credits
10. Demon of The Fall

As an opener, the most ass that's been kicked so far is with 'Godhead's Lament'.

For a closing song, I cannot think of any better contender than 'Blackwater Park'.. that song is so fucking epic, and if anything heavier than Demon of the Fall... and whaddya know, its also in the same tuning :p.

Opeth should deffinatly play at least one track from each of the first two albums live, not to is disrespectful to your roots and the music that put you where you are. not to mention your fans.

Ideal Setlist

Wreath
Serenity Painted Death
April Ethereal
Forest of October
Advent
Godhead's Lament
The Lepar Affinity
When
In Mist she was Standing
-------------------
Demon of the Fall

Kickass Setlist:

The Moor
Advent
Drapery
April Eth
Closure
White Cluster
Deliverance
Funeral Portrait
Demon

Encore:
THE APOSTLE IN TRIUMPH (Absolute perfect ending)

I'd like to hear live: (in that order)
1. Forest of October
2. The Drapery Falls
3. Black Rose Immortal / Advent
4. Bleak
5. When
6. The Moor
7. Serenity Painted Death !!!!!!!!