time for a new encore song?

Aug 3, 2003
Philly
Now don't get me wrong, I think Demon of the Fall is an amazing song and it's definitely a great closer, but Opeth has been closing w/Demon of the Fall for a while now...do you guys think they should close w/a different song for future tours? It would be hard to top Demon, but I think The Moor and When would both make cool closers. And while thinking about it, which song do you guys think would make a kickass opener? THE TWILIGHT IS MY ROBE! Everyone would go nuts.

I think they should stick to Demon of the Fall. An Opeth show isn't really a real one if they don't close with Demon. I tell you from experience: in the past Damnation tour in Berlin they were closing with "Face of Melinda," which is also kick-ass, but it all felt kind of incomplete. I needed Demon! A good opener would be "April Ethereal." I would go mad if they started a show by... "And, as they say..."

A Fair Judgement made a great closer for the dvd -- the ending just crushes! When would also be incredible, but do they ever play that live?

oh they definitily need a new encore, demon of the fall, yea yea cool, but geez its so predictable. i hate when bands do encores and only do one song and its usually the greatest hit like cryptopsy does split ur guts last, arch enemy, ravenous last, etc etc etc..

I think The Moor or April Ethereal would be great openers. Demon Of The Fall is a spectacular closer and I would not want it to change, but if it had to I think that Karma would be a good closer or Blackwater Park. I think that they should do about two or three encore tracks. Start with Ending Credits or something, then play two more tracks.

Here's my idea for the dream setlist.

Demon of The Fall
Funeral Portrait
Deliverance
Benighted
Closure
Advent
Serenity Painted Death
Blackwater Park
The Amen Corner

Encore:The Moor

12 songs, so awesome:headbang:

slearch said:
A Fair Judgement made a great closer for the dvd -- the ending just crushes! When would also be incredible, but do they ever play that live?
Info: They actually played demon of the fall at the concert, but your right, a fair jugdement was a good closer.

Seems like Deliverance would be a good closer, with it's repetitive section at the end, maybe through in a little jam session or something in there. Or just go out with Ending Credits. That might be too anti-climactic though. I agree that they should retire Demon though, altogether, not jsut for encore.

So many Opeth songs would make a good encore.

To end a show with Deliverance's outtro, or the song Closure, or the one song I'm dying to hear live: The Funeral Portrait.

Yeah - change is good.

Well i think Windowpane makes a good opener. I have always thought of demon of the fall as a great closer but Black Rose Immortal would be great to see.

Yeah, Black Rose Immortal would just be the number one encore, because it would be the longest song, and it would stick in your head as the greatest experience ever.

I want them to keep Demon as an encore, and have The Moor for an opening, or Drapery.

FUck that shit...

dream setlist..right here

Deliverance
Drapery Falls
Closure
Hope Leaves
FAce of Melinda
Serenity Painted Death
Bleak
In the Mist She was Standing

encore
THE ENTIRE MAYH ALBUM (slayer did with reign in blood...why the fuck not?!)

:headbang: :headbang: