Demon of the Fall as an encore song

I have seen them about 10 times now and I am still not bored of DotF as the encore.

It is kind of nice to know exactly when the end is, so the appearance of that song is the indication that it IS the end...

Moonstruck said:
They just want the crowd to do some work, let the band hear how much you like them, and they'll return, that kinda idea. Anyway, The Funeral Portrait is a fucking great song, but as mentioned before, Karma as an encore would be total killer. That outro murders.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Heh, if not encore, they would do well by playing it before the encore.

mh, i dont think mike would be able to perform the ending on stage that good.

i think they should get over the whole dotf thing too. amen corner would be a most brilliant encore or even btpisio...

TonysApprentices said:
Yesterday was my first time I could see Opeth live, in amsterdam. The crowd went insane when they were onstage again for introducing the band and playing their encore, Demon of the Fall. It was a blast! But The Funeral Portrait is also a very good track, i would like to see them play it but just at the end of their setlist...not as an encore i think.
But what the hell! Every Opeth-show will be brutal! hehe

De melkweg! I was there, it owned!!! I was standing next to/in the pit in the middle-front. Damn I've got a serious neckache of all the headbanging.

ON-topic: Allthough Demon of the Fall is not the best (encore)song out there, it really ROCKED to see Opeth coming back and playing Demon of the Fall after loud screaming and screaming and screaming for more ("Opeth moet een liedje zingen, hie ha ho!")!

sweet majestic darkness said:
Encores are a waste of time. I do admit Ilove to stand in a venue though and hear the crown screaming likemad. The sound gives me goose bumps. But wehear that whenthe band comes out on the stage usually, so it doesn't really matter. I guess I don't understand why they would use the same song every time as an encore song. I know people love it, but surprises are nice, too. I'mhoping tsee them on Oct. 27th for the first time. Can't promise because it's a weeknight and I'ma mommy, but Im going to do everything in my power togo.
So your female too? I was always curious as to how many ladies come into this site anyways? Neverisforever, t-rat, luz (currently MIA),and you are the only ones I can think of right now.