They should encore with BWP

The Evil Toucan

[NOTNO]Parrot
Oct 18, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
If they aren't gonna encore with Demon, they should use BWP. Deliverance is fine, but I don't see it as really an encore type song. BWP however, would be perfect. It pretty much sums up Opeth, and is definitely within the top 5 songs they've ever written. It's huge, long, and crushing. It really doesn't get much better than this song played live.

Discuss.

I think BWP is a better encore/closing song than Demon of the Fall. BWP stays raging until the very end, whereas DOTF sort of mellows out toward the end, killing the mood.

Then again, I've never been to an Opeth show :(

Is a wonderful way to end an, "Evening with Opeth" as in the DVD Lamentations.

A truly majestic outro, IMHO.

I am wondering what inspired Mike to write "This" song?

It is a brilliant composition and I love it... :worship:

i reckon bwp would pwn face, deliverence would come very close though
i reckon your right demon of the fall, as awesome as it is, should br used before the end of the show.

affinityband said:
Well, i was there and they came back after AFJ and played demon of the fall

Mmmm, I figured that, believe it or not.

I had been wondering if Opeth came back for an encore...

Damn copyright, that is probably why they didn't record it :( am I right ?

I just saw your "Face in the Crowd" though I woudn't recognize you because we have never met ! :)

How long was the interval between set's ?

I still think "AFJ" would be a nice ending to an Opeth evening... but what do I know. :Spin:

Cheers, with no Beers, 2U.

PS: ^ Thanks Dante's, I posted before I saw you post a reply about the copyright thing, tis a pain, another brilliant song lost in the ether...

I did see Opeth play DOTF live a few times before Christmas, Fecking Awesome !!

I rekon Deliverance is a better encore than BWP. Without clean vocals, BWP dosn't quite stand out to me as showing most of Opeth's definitive sound, somehow (As evil as it is). I think Demon of the Fall shows more of their elements better, and is a damn heavy kickass song.