guitar tuning plugins

For low tunings past B, ReaTune doesn't seem to tell what is what, like it just stays blank when I use it for low tunings.

I use the strobe tuner in Ampeg SVX because it lets me tune down to F# and E :D

You should try increasing the ReaTune's window size from 30ms to 50-100ms ;) You will then be able to tune on low tunings too :p

Peterson hardware = $$$

My ALL TIME fave was APtuner. You could adjust the threshold on it, and it was smooth and worked best for me. No longer works in Windows 7 :mad:

I like, colonel above, use the Ampeg SVX one, it's suprisingly good. Seriously nothing beats APtuner though. It poll'd very fast and just worked great :s

Is there not a stand alone VST that works GREAT?! Polls fast, doesnt have a jumpy digital style interface, etc. It seems like Ive tried everythign and nothing is ideal (and many of us are downtuning, which seems to require a smooth tunign interface due to oscillation and shit)

how the hell are you guys using a standalone app to tune?

I tune every take, are you closing your DAW and going to the tuner every take?

AP Tuner works fine for me in Win7 x64 :kickass:

Huge screen (can make it as large as you'd like), added my own note presets, very good quality, love it!

AP Tuner.jpg

[UEAK]Clowd;8942347 said:
how the hell are you guys using a standalone app to tune?

I tune every take, are you closing your DAW and going to the tuner every take?

I don't have to on the Mac, all apps can share the interface resources with no conflicts, so the tuner app is just another window.

That's an ASIO/Windows issue. Incidentally, is there a way to make ASIO behave better and let apps share the interface? I've been doing a fair amount of testing/development on the Windows side, and this restriction bugs me to no end.

I guess it might depend on the DAW.

In Sonar you can select "Share drivers with other programs" in your audio options, and you can then switch between various applications using the same audio interface just fine.

I don't have to on the Mac, all apps can share the interface resources with no conflicts, so the tuner app is just another window.

That's an ASIO/Windows issue. Incidentally, is there a way to make ASIO behave better and let apps share the interface? I've been doing a fair amount of testing/development on the Windows side, and this restriction bugs me to no end.

digi interfaces dont do sharing, for the record

It's weird. certain drivers will let you do it and others won't. I had a presonus interface and I could run a youtube video, winamp, and cubase all at the same time. Most drivers won't work like that though.

maybe a little out topic cause it's about the peterson's hardware, but I have some questions...

I'm a newb about Peterson's tuner, about really precise tuning in general, and was thinking about buying the peterson's rack for the studio I'm finishing to build right now:

-Can you tune in Drop B?

-It seems that there's not a tempered Sweetened Drop B tuning in it for guitar or Bass.
Is it possible to build and save one?

-I'm using a set of ernie ball 12. 16. 24w. 32. 44. 60. on a Gibson Les Paul Standard to go down to drop B;
Would you change something (find it's ok but didn't try anything else and nobody around me seems to know the answer).

Really thank you for your help!

I use Gtune. Has worked well for everything except the low B strings on basses. If you're dealing mostly with guitars, or more standard tuned material than it's a fairly decent piece of free software.