Guitar with cedar wood?

jangoux

May 9, 2006
Hey guys,

My family has a bunch of furniture built with cedar that will be no longer use, so there´s a lot of wood to build guitars hehe What guitars would be a good fit to be built with cedar ? I have a luthier buddy who´d be willing to build me a guitar with those pieces of wood

Ivan

I've heard of it being used for acoustics a lot (it's one of the most popular top woods from what I've seen), though I haven't heard of any electrics made from it...

I have a Modulus guitar that is made of cedar. Sadly enough they don't make them anymore.

Would smell delicious.

PRO TIP:
I love cedar-smoked salmon. mmmmmmm.
CedarPlankSalmon.jpg

OH LAWDY.

Actually i was thinking an electric..I even search warmoth site to see if they had any descriptions of how cedar sounds on eletric, but found nothing. But from what i found on acoustics, it seems cedar is a very dark kind of wood and i am really affraid it is just TOO dark.

yeah those are some weird axes but that was all I could find. I own two Genesis G3s one is made of soma and the other is made of cedar. The cedar model is a little heavier and sounds better. I wouldn't call it darker so much a little fuller. I think if you got a maple neck with ebony board and bolted it to a big cedar body it would sound pretty good.