Guitarists whats your set up?

Rich - Rannoch said:
Well......some people don't like EMG's or prefer the Seymour Duncan 7 string pickups, but we (Rannoch) have the 707's in our guitars and they sound sweet. Haven't seen/heard the 81-7 but if it's a 7 string version of the 81 then it's going to sound nice. The Blaze p-ups in the new Universes are very good, though the green DiMarzios in my UV7BK squeal a bit at higher gains, which can be annoying if you do a lot of staccato riffing, whereas the 707's don't. Also bear in mind the EMG 707's are wider than standard p-ups so you'll have to butcher your UV to get 'em in which will be costly and might spoil it!!!

Just to add to that, EMG's in almost any ibanez look fuckin sweet too.

A friend of mine as has the green dimarzios Evolutions in his 7 string Ibanez and they seem ok, lots of crunch but not as much clarirty as a EMG with solo's. In saying that I have just put a evo in my sabre 540 and it kills now!! :headbang:

The_Children_of_Decadence said:
Effects:

BOSS ME-50

good multieffects pedal... my screen broke about 6 months ago, so i can't program anymore effects into it :erk:

WingsofRedemption said:
Just to add to that, EMG's in almost any ibanez look fuckin sweet too.

A friend of mine as has the green dimarzios Evolutions in his 7 string Ibanez and they seem ok, lots of crunch but not as much clarirty as a EMG with solo's. In saying that I have just put a evo in my sabre 540 and it kills now!! :headbang:

I play a Schecter Elite 007 with crappy stock duncan designed PU's. I think I'll change them to some Seymour Duncan SH-5, I have read good things about them.

I play over a Peavey 5150 with Rocktron Intellifex LTD.

@Rich (Rannoch): I've seen your vid and I especially like the first part of the song!

I play a Schecter Elite 007 with crappy stock duncan designed PU's. I think I'll change them to some Seymour Duncan SH-5, I have read good things about them.

They're nice looking guitars....Loomis uses a couple (?) of those I noticed. The C-7 Hellraiser looks even better (707's!).

Schecter Guitars

Dead Eternity said:
@Rich (Rannoch): I've seen your vid and I especially like the first part of the song!

Thanks very much......that fast bit at the beginning with all the widdling was inspired by the opening riff in 'Enemies Of Reality'.......I think we'd been listening to it rather a lot at that point in time :)

Rich - Rannoch said:
They're nice looking guitars....Loomis uses a couple (?) of those I noticed. The C-7 Hellraiser looks even better (707's!).

Schecter Guitars

Thanks very much......that fast bit at the beginning with all the widdling was inspired by the opening riff in 'Enemies Of Reality'.......I think we'd been listening to it rather a lot at that point in time :)

you mean the part with the diminished arpeggios? Very Loomis-inspired :cool:

cool. yeah i have the stock blaze 2's in my uv, i put the neck pu in the bridge, and took the others out. the blaze neck sounds fuckin SWEET in the bridge position, but like rich said, they fuckin squeel like a pig, and i only have the gain on 6! should i try waxing them? or say fuck it and go for the emgs??

unknown said:
schecters have been some of the most comfortable guitars I've ever played. I love them and would like to get one

yes i also agree, they are very comfortable. I wanna buy one. They're hard to buy lefty though.

Cyanide_Anima said:
cool. yeah i have the stock blaze 2's in my uv, i put the neck pu in the bridge, and took the others out. the blaze neck sounds fuckin SWEET in the bridge position, but like rich said, they fuckin squeel like a pig, and i only have the gain on 6! should i try waxing them? or say fuck it and go for the emgs??

Well, if it sounds good it's probably best to leave it as it is.....if it ain't broke don't try and fix it as they say. You can eliminate the annoying squeal just by backing off the volume to around 7 or decrease the gain on the amp (it'll actually sound better if you can get away with using less gain).

Here's my gigging UV-RG hybrid with the EMG's. It was fairly costly because of the routing and new scratchplate....but it sounds pretty sweet now :D

2004-10-02IbanezUniverseEMGs10.jpg

Wolftribe said:
thats because lefty's suck

hey now, jimi hendrix, paul mcart.... actually, saying those two names on this board is going to get me a ass whooping.

point is just because i'm a lefty doesn't make me any worse then you. just makes me different.

nice axe rich! goddamn thats a sexy guitar. ive tried everything to get the squeel to stop, the gain is on bout 5.5 now, still squeels. if i turn the gain down, or the noise gate up from this point, i get absolutly NO sustain and the tone goest to complete shite. i hear that the emg's are much quiter and you dont need to use as much gain anyways. and they are more defined. i NEED definition. me and my band play kinda meshuggah/fear factory/nevermore/type O kind of stuff, and im fucking picky when it comes to tone. seriously. im so fucking anal about it. it HAS to be perfect sound, or i will refuse to even look at the damn thing. rofl.

Guitars:

EBMM - John Petrucci Signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Custom "211" Les Paul
Jackson DR-5
Jackson DK-2

Amplification:

Live Rig - Rocktron Chameleon -> Carvin DCM 600 -> Ampeg 4 x 12
Studio Lead - Rocktron Voodu Valve -> Carvin HT 150 -> Carvin Legacy 2 x 12 (Greenbacks)
Studio Rhythm - TS808 -> Peavey 6505 (new this week) -> Carvin Legacy 2 x 12

Guitars, A whole herd of B.C. Rich's (real ones) ;) Main guitars Mockingbird 7 string see thru blue/black standard USA warlock and white of the same.
Couple Jacksons kelly, and a soloist.
Amps: Main rig Tri axis/stratagey/ 500 4 4x12 mesa cabs, Triple rectifier for back up, Mesa .22 caliber for making noises at home.
Evintide/bbe for effects
Nady wireless unit