Guitarists

aiwass said:
Been playing for almost 6 years. Influenced by Romeo, Bellas, Malmsteen, Petrucci, Becker, Forté, Lane, etc.
Hey, we're like the same, except I haven't heard Bellas or Lane. I guess that's kinda sad, since I hear nothing but great things about them (especially Lane).

I've been playing now for about 8 years or so. My influences are the same as everyone elses here, so no need to list them, my 3 favorite guitar albums have to be Passion & welfare, Perpetual Burn, and Alchemy. I didnt get really serious into it untill a few years ago when I actually had the money to start to get real equipment, and also when I saw Yngwie live and upclose (one of his picks actually bounced off my head!!).
Being left handed really put a crimp into getting good lessons (most teachers run from us leftys!!) and good guitars. So I was forced to do everything by myself. I consider playing guitar to be my alltime favorite hobby, something I can look forward to comming home after a long day at work, and as a pure stress reliever.

ive been playing guitar for about 4 years now, various other instruments since i was 4 (19 now) my influences are romeo, wylde, yngwie, satch, vai, dimebag and hammett. right now learning more on legato techniques and classical guitar, i highly suggest a book called raising the barre for anybody who wants a hardcore classical workout. its only available on the website www.raisingthebarre.com but its well worth the $20.

I've been playing for 7 months. I am also learning from the Guitar Method book.

I can play part of the intro to Inferno, the part where Russel begins to sing (the pinch harmonic part...I love doing pinch Harmonics..They are awesome!), The beginning of "Of Sins and Shadows", up until that short guitar solo break thing (trying to learn to play that) and the first few minutes of "Dante's Inferno" by Iced Earth Lately I've been practicing on the "slur" AKA the fretboard tapping technique at quick speeds.