Gun Master Debate

*random redneck mumblings*

Still unable to respond intelligently and thoughtfully to the topic at hand, lad? You know those brainwashed Jehovah's Witness other Bible bashers that like to accost people in public places with the good news of salvation? That's you, except with regard to guns: you're head is so far up the ass of the greedy gun corporation that you don't even realise how brainwashed you are, I pity little puppet-dolls like you (or at least I would if it weren't for the fact that attitudes like yours lead to the pointless deaths/ injuries, and maiming of thousands and thousands of innocent civillians every year).

One thing is for fucking sure, somehow we need to make sure mentally ill people don't have access to weaponry. Which probably means that their caretakers can't either.

Final fact: Gun violence is way down. Sort of does in the rest of all those "facts" or "counter arguments".

He probably didn't even read the whole thing.

Final fact: Gun violence is way down. Sort of does in the rest of all those "facts" or "counter arguments".

He probably didn't even read the whole thing.

Final fact: all the safest countries in the world don't allow their citizens easy access to guns, and thus guns in civillian hands definitely don't make a society safer. In the face of overwhelming evidence the best you can do is put "facts" and "counter arguments" in quotation marks and say I probably didn't read the whole article - really? Hahaha, "ostrich head in sand" alert! :rolleyes:

If anyone goes back through this thread they will see where plenty of evidence and data from official government sources were displayed against your heavily biased and Onion level sources (not to mention repeated ad hominems), and yet you still persist with more "official" sources such as Cracked and the adhoms.

"YUR JUST SPEWING CORPORATE GUN FELLATING SHIT!!! HELLO REDNECK ALERT!! OMG /rolleyes/rolleyes/rolleyes"Look at this link from gunhaters.com and theonion. Hello unbiased saus.

If anyone goes back through this thread they will see where plenty of evidence and data from official government sources were displayed against your heavily biased and Onion level sources (not to mention repeated ad hominems), and yet you still persist with more "official" sources such as Cracked and the adhoms.

"YUR JUST SPEWING CORPORATE GUN FELLATING SHIT!!! HELLO REDNECK ALERT!! OMG /rolleyes/rolleyes/rolleyes"Look at this link from gunhaters.com and theonion. Hello unbiased saus.

Any impartial source who viewed this topic would clearly see a vast evidential imbalance in favor of the logic that prevails in the incredibly vast majority of civillized (and even non-civillized) countries in the world: you don't let every Tom, Dick (how situationally-appropriate is this??), and Harry own guns so that the size of their sexual organ appears larger to the detriment of a safe and peaceful society as a whole #rednecksperformfellatiouponguncompaniesforfunbecausetheyarebraiwashedcunts
Say what? http://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnashrulla/police-in-iceland-shoot-and-kill-someone-for-the-first-time

I have a great time shooting the Beretta PX4 storm and Colt Single-action .38 special. Definitely prefer the latter for the whole, old-west appeal, and it's kinda awesome how much smoke I get out of it haha.

We shoot at the range or carry, purely for sport and protection, not hunting. It's been awhile though with ammo issues around here. Luckily, my partner is a badass and has two reloading presses. Made first batch of ammo the other day, haven't shot it yet but he tends to be pretty careful and particular about shit so I'm sure it'll go fine.

Now that I've repped my obvious viewpoint.... as an American, I like guns. Armed citizens built this great country. We won our independence from a tyrannical government because our brave forefathers were packin heat. And issues aside, I'm pretty proud of my country's heritage. Sure, there's violence here and there... but it should be about better screening for gun control, not banning entirely. As is said over and over again... taking guns away does not stop bad people from getting ahold of them.

I've had this debate with too many people so I'm not taking it further. Just staking my place on my side of the fence. I leave you with Ted Nugent, whose music sucks but stance and active work for a pro-gun America I admire greatly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah his music I'm not a fan of but him as a red-blooded American, he is the shit.

He comes off looking like your typical mindless gun-for-dick, shit-for-brains gun fetish redneck. Guns as "part of your culture"? You know Sharia law is part of Islamic culture in some countries in the world, and it includes a clause about adulterous women being stoned to death - except far more innocent civillians are killed/maimed/injured by your American "gun culture" than Sharia law. If we're gonna be linking music, then sure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no rational issues with gun ownership (only irrational issues).

But I have a serious problem with gun culture in this country, and the notion that guns are somehow metaphysically linked to our national origins. I honestly believe that if guns weren't so fetishized then we would have far less gun crime; but it's the whole necessity of firearms that pisses me off - that is, the claim that they're "part of our culture."

I honestly believe that if guns weren't so fetishized then we would have far less gun crime

On what basis? For the most part it's not white gun-toting rednecks that get involved in gang-related violence, which makes up a sizable amount of gun crime in America. But maybe I don't know what you mean by "gun culture".

To borrow from a Marxist: Power flows from the barrel of a gun. This is what is fetishized. Whatever provides the power in the situation. In the NFL it's speed and muscle. In car mags its "stance" or whatever. And so on. In a gang you need a gat to be taken seriously. In the NFL you need either 4.3 speed or 400lb bench press. And so on.

You don't think that gangs fetishize guns, or that guns are fetishized in gang culture?

That's true, but not in the same way. Pretty sure they don't go to gun shows, support the NRA, or anything along those lines (which is what I think of when I think "gun culture", versus gang culture which is something that happens to incorporate a love for guns out of necessity).

I took some poetic liberties. It's a useless argument though. They'll never take our guns, it'll never change, so I have nothing to give a shit about.

Truth be told pro- and anti- gun people are incapable of seeing eye to eye. I personally have less to bitch about because I do not carry any automatics or semi-automatics, but I feel bad for collectors who do, and have family fuckin heirlooms seized from them because of stupid laws to make the anti-gun nerds feel better.

Anyways, can't see eye to eye, literally have different brains. Don't care if we do see eye to eye because nobody's taking our guns and we make our own ammo so fuck shortages too.