gunman kills 12 at premiere of dark knight rises in colorado

arv_foh

Brian K
Oct 3, 2006
Columbus, OH
surprised there isn't a thread about this already.. a guy tossed a tear gas canister into a theatre in colorado and opened fire, during a gunfight scene of DKR.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colorado-theater-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

a better account of the events has been posted in the first comment of this reddit thread

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/wv4q2/someone_came_into_our_theater_at_the_midnight/

Sickening. Probably more so to me than others because I know exactly what it's like to be on the floor with your cell phone glued to your ear talking to the 911 dispatcher and hoping to god that it's over soon.

I heard about this earlier via FB. Fucking nuts. I can't get into reading that whole article (did read some) right now but did the sicko give a reason?

The whole thing sounds like a Batman movie plot: evil PhD candidate shows up in SWAT gear and gas mask, shoots up audience, peacefully surrenders and then police have to deal with disarming his booby-trapped, techno-blaring campus apartment.

Also, my sister referenced a cinema studies article called, "The Myth of Total Cinema," a constant desire to represent reality as completely as possible in film, being the root of film. The idea of total cinema is almost impossible to create in a theatre setting, but when cinema is mimicked or replicated in real life, it is often emotionally confusing, or in this circumstance, it is ultraviolent and psychologically disturbing.

^ ? You really are insane. haha. Of course, an isolated incident means that all medical training will inevitably result in cases such as this. It has nothing to do with one's own mental stability.

hm... i think i would save the money and just take a look around in front of the cinema...

:lol::lol::lol: Touché, friend :lol::lol::lol:

Also:

banekitty.jpg

^ Oh, that guy. The "intelligent" politicians aren't making any comments just yet, you can't really politicize insanity as we saw with Jared Lee Loughner last January.

^ ? You really are insane. haha. Of course, an isolated incident means that all medical training will inevitably result in cases such as this. It has nothing to do with one's own mental stability.

Yeah, I've given up on him, dude's nuts. Oh yeah, and so was that shooter :lol:

STOP SMOKING POT YOU NINCOMPOOP!

Haters gonna hate

I am not going to derail this thread but you guys have no idea. Clearly this guy was a whacko to begin with but I wouldn't doubt school pushed him over the edge... Normal students complain about how unfair bell curves are. Ask your doctor about how unfair bell curves are. That's probably a lot like asking a life-sentence prisoner how they are able to survive without having cable TV.

That being said, this guy was clearly a piece of shit to begin with.

Haters gonna hate

I am not going to derail this thread but you guys have no idea. Clearly this guy was a whacko to begin with but I wouldn't doubt school pushed him over the edge... Normal students complain about how unfair bell curves are. Ask your doctor about how unfair bell curves are. That's probably a lot like asking a life-sentence prisoner how they are able to survive without having cable TV.

That being said, this guy was clearly a piece of shit to begin with.

I still fail to see your connection but none the less the dude is bat shit crazy.

And just FYI........he was not a medical student, he was a PhD student. His department is associated with the school of medicine, but it's research based, not clinical.