Guns N' Roses

Why all the put down of Illusion 1 & 2, I suspect many have not really heard them and repeating what others have said, these are nearly as good "appetite" with tons of great songs. I was brainwashed the same way by "experts" till I listened for myself.

This is not as some suggested two weak CDs that if you could combine would make one good CD, both are very good stand alone Cds and very underrated. If you see these cheap used pick them up. :)

I do like Use Your Illusion II. I don't like the first one as much... some of the songs though still have to go. And in some of the songs they needed to scrap the piano track.

Originally posted by The Trooper
Yeah I read that a few days ago! Could be interesting!!

Are you the same SIXXSWINE that posts reviews on Heavy Harmonies? :)

Yes, I am the same one. I have done some for Sludge, but they insist on changing your name for their own reasons. You can check out one they used that's one their site for Tribe of Judah...
I get advance copies for review & ...
You've got to be honest, right?!:lol:

Originally posted by The Trooper
I do like Use Your Illusion II. I don't like the first one as much... some of the songs though still have to go. And in some of the songs they needed to scrap the piano track.
I actually like Illusion I a little better, and I agree some songs should be skipped, but there are 30 tracks total on Illusion I & II and I say there are 20 very solid songs between the two.

So not every track a winner but well worth picking these up used if you don't already own. :)

To be honest. The only album the Gunners ever released that was total cheese was The Spehgettie Incident. All the others were great albums in my opinion. But Appetite is still my favourite.

I've listened to some albums of theirs, and I've liked Appetite for Destruction very much. It's a very good hard rock/blues album. But Use your Illusion 1 and 2 really suck!!

They were probably the first rock band i got into (other than Metallica), but they have taken such a profound fall from grace.
Use You Illusion II is my favorite G'n'R album

Originally posted by Goatfire
I've listened to some albums of theirs, and I've liked Appetite for Destruction very much. It's a very good hard rock/blues album. But Use your Illusion 1 and 2 really suck!!

If you like Appetite there is no reason why you would think Illusion I & II suck........they are the same style, again I wonder how many have actually listened to them before trashing them.

I am wondering what exactly are the differences you find in Illusion I & II that makes them suck compared to Appetite?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Goatfire
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A good hard rock/blues album?!:cry:
You can call it hard rock, but in no way call it blues!:)
You might as well, call Aerosupply a blues band then.:D
And as for the Illusions?! You can take both of those & make "one" good 9-10 song disc out of them.
Love Bad Obsession, You could be Mine, Knockin' on Heaven's Door. I care very little for the softer stuff November Rain & Don't Cry(why the hell do you need two versions of this?)!
At this point Axl will be lucky to sell 10,000 records, if & when this
disc ever comes out.:D

Originally posted by Necros
If you like Appetite there is no reason why you would think Illusion I & II suck........they are the same style, again I wonder how many have actually listened to them before trashing them.

I am wondering what exactly are the differences you find in Illusion I & II that makes them suck compared to Appetite?

What they did was unusual, there's been very few times when an artist issues two discs at the same time. I just think that there's a lot of "filler" between the two discs. *see previous comment.:D