Gus G solo album, Firewind DVD and Re-releases

Firewind Wiki

Army of one
Feb 8, 2010
Internet
Rock Overdose has released news that Gus is working on a solo album, he has hinted that more than once the past few weeks.
There will also be a new DVD from the current tour to celebrate the tenth anniversary, while there isn't a tour going there will be the 10th anniversary shows with special set-lists!
And the guys will be re-releasing a number of the albums with bonus material. Gus has showed interest of doing this before when asked about vinyl releases of older albums.

All this combined has probably made the rest of my year.
How do you guys feel about this

I'd have to hear samples of Gus' solo album before I say i'm excited or not. If it's "Fire and the Fury" calibur instrumentals then i'll probably be sold.

As for a DVD...depends on the set. I really didn't like FW's two newest albums (FAM moreso), so it would depend on which older songs they played, and if they kept the songs off those two albums to a minimum.

Re-releases...depends on the content. If it's just demos, then i'll pass.

I was sold when I first heard Burning Earth and Forged by Fire. Those two albums marked a whole few years in my life, I used to love starting my day with Can't Escape from Tomorrow or Kill to Live. Oh God that was a beautiful time :D

In any case, Allegiance just came out then and I heard Apollo, the voice was amazing and I had to look up his other bands, which led to the discovery of Gardenian (a band he was a member, but they never released any albums with him before they split) and Sandalinas. I looked up everything and that's when Firewind became one of the few favorite bands I couldn't do without.

Long story short; hearing Apollo redo those albums/songs would be amazing, I'm not sure how the rest of you feel but this is sending massive goosebumps down my spine (not to mention I learned that Gardenian were back together, no Apollo though :p).

Since when have they been back together? I love that band also the material without Apollo.

Personally I would love to see Ride to the Rainbows End and World of Conflice on the dvd. Btw I saw a interview with Gus he's a bit on the fence about a dvd but a live album is coming atleast he hopes

Rock Overdose has released news that Gus is working on a solo album, he has hinted that more than once the past few weeks.
There will also be a new DVD from the current tour to celebrate the tenth anniversary, while there isn't a tour going there will be the 10th anniversary shows with special set-lists!
And the guys will be re-releasing a number of the albums with bonus material. Gus has showed interest of doing this before when asked about vinyl releases of older albums.

All this combined has probably made the rest of my year.
How do you guys feel about this

HAHA I asked him a few months ago (on Twitter) if he will be releasing the older catalogue on vinyl. He said no plans yet, but he would like to.

I think some people mis-interpreted your post.. They are not re recording the older albums with the current band, they are just re-releasing them. As they did with Burning Earth and Forged by Fire a couple years ago.

Since when have they been back together?

Since the glorious moment they announced they'd be playing Gothenburg Sound Festival, and only for that. There's no talk about them continuing as a band after that but I'm rooting for it to happen, as is everyone else naturally.
http://gothenburgsound.com/ read more about the festival here.
Also you might wanna give this a whirl:

They are not re recording the older albums with the current band, they are just re-releasing them. As they did with Burning Earth and Forged by Fire a couple years ago.

Well crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the glorious moment they announced they'd be playing Gothenburg Sound Festival, and only for that. There's no talk about them continuing as a band after that but I'm rooting for it to happen, as is everyone else naturally.
http://gothenburgsound.com/ read more about the festival here.
Also you might wanna give this a whirl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoBjABOIzp8

Well crap.

I know that recording, I freaked when I first heard it it's so awesome. But now I must go Gothenburg Sound Festival both Ceremonial Oath and Gardenian back together on the same festival fucking awesome and also Nightrage and Dream Evil. That festival just misses Firewind, In Flames and maybe At the Gates and I would be the best festival ever

Yeah it would be cool to see them too.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gardenian/486464088045235?fref=ts
I recommend liking this and watching for details, the set list was posted and you can ask them anything, but Jim is the one responding as far as I can see.

Lol Nightrage their singer can't come to the concert so Thomas Lindberg is gonna preform with Nightrage. It's just funny how we where talking about it would be cool if At The Gates would come and suddenly Thomas is playing