Guys with their Amps in the control room

I'm pretty sure you'll be fine up to 100 feet, if not more. With speaker cables there isn't much of a difference between the short and long ones.

Are you getting your tones in the live room then taking the amp into the studio. up to this point I've kept the head and cab in the same room and ran a long guitar cable from the other room.

Long guitarcable is defo worst than long speaker cable (which as stated shouldn't be a problem for the usual live room-control room distance).
Especially with passive pickups a long cable = more resistance = different sound (worst in most cases)

Unbalanced cables should be kept as short as possible. I believe somewhere around 10 ft is good. Balanced cables can be much longer without degrading or inducing noise. So when recording keep your guitar cable fairly short. Obviously this is probably being overly paranoid.

You can easily do 50' between the amp and cab with no problem.

Guitar to amp I usually stick with 10' or 15'.

Especially with passive pickups a long cable = more resistance = different sound (worst in most cases)
More capacitance, not resistance, most instrument cables have resistance of tenth of Ohms/up to two hundreds per kilometer, so resistance of 10 m (30 feet) is very low. Capacitance, on other hand, is much more significant.

More capacitance, not resistance, most instrument cables have resistance of tenth of Ohms/up to two hundreds per kilometer, so resistance of 10 m (30 feet) is very low. Capacitance, on other hand, is much more significant.

Right, thanks! I always mix that up

I made some extensive tests with Speaker cables and the differences are very very small.
I even measured it frequency wise between 1mt and 12mt, the difference was about 0.1-0.2 dB in the high end where the guitar speaker doesn't even reproduce almost any sound

I'm preparing the Control room to have more heads connected and all connected to a speaker patch bay, I'm going to have speaker cables as long as 20mt (65ft).