Gwynbleidd - Notsalgia (sort of Opeth' 2009 album :D

Mar 22, 2008
I'm surprised no one created a thread about this album yet.

So they replicate Opeth sound of the MR->SL era, but they are great musicians and their compositions are sure to please every member of this board - I kid you not.

The cover design is done by none other than Travis Smith himself.

Highly recommended!

http://www.myspace.com/gwynbleidd

Listened to the tracks on myspace - the metal parts are good but have nothing on Opeth, but the clean interludes were surprisingly really good. Pretty nice solos and good production for a debut.

Listened to the tracks on myspace - the metal parts are good but have nothing on Opeth, but the clean interludes were surprisingly really good. Pretty nice solos and good production for a debut.

I've been listening to a completely illegal copy :Smokedev: the whole weekend and just ordered the CD at amazon.

I can only recommend to listen to the whole album.

I've listened to it twice all the way through now - tbh the metal parts are good but not special, it's really the clean parts that set this apart. Still close enough to Opeth-like goodness to be one of the better albums of the year though.

I checked out this album after looking at the "Best albums of 2009" thread...I do like it but I'm not satisfied enough to buy it. Great playing, very clean, and the production is great. I love the clean/acoustic parts but the heavy parts could be varied a little bit...after listening to 'Staring into the sun' 'Stormcalling' sounded the same...every riff is in the same key.