cthulufhtagn

Went Out for Smokes 13 Years Ago
Jul 19, 2004
south of washington
http://www.thenewstribune.com/441/story/42161.html
Man with ammunition belt arrested on Oregon campus
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: April 18th, 2007 11:43 AM

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A man was arrested at Lewis & Clark College Wednesday morning after a faculty member spotted him wearing an ammunition belt as what a Portland police officer called “a fashion accessory.”

Portland Police spokeswoman Catherine Kent said the belt was made of spent ammunition, and he did not have a weapon.

The man was first seen at about 9:15 a.m., and he was apprehended about an hour later, said school spokeswoman Deanna Oothoudt.

Campus security confiscated the ammunition belt, she said.

The school called a press conference to discuss the incident Wednesday morning.

hahaha they actually pulled me out of class to come talk with the dean of students...they weren't that pissed actually, just relieved i wasn't korean. also the article is wrong, i wasn't arrested, the police didn't even talk to me.

this post-VT hypersensitivity is irritating though. i wore that belt on campus for TWO YEARS without complaint and now they decide to freak out about it. there are gonna be some columbine-style effects for college campuses in the next few years, you can be sure...

here's another one :lol:

i hope this makes the news tonight
Campus Police Detain Man Over Fashion Accessory

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Lewis & Clark College officials said a man seen carrying what looked like an ammunition belt across campus Wednesday morning is in campus security custody.

A faculty member spotted a man wearing the belt heading to the academic area on the Fir Acres campus around 9:15 a.m.

The director of Campus Safety Tim O'Dwyer sent an e-mail to the Lewis & Clark community, requesting students and staff remain in their current location until the man could be found.

The man was located and the belt was confiscated by campus security a short time later.

According to Catherine Kent of the Portland Police Bureau, the belt was a decorative item and did not contain actual ammunition.

Kent also said the man did not have a weapon.

The school called a press conference to discuss the incident Wednesday morning.

FOX 12 and KPTV.com will update as more information becomes available.

wow, that's the coolest.

My favorite part is how that entire article simply said "Officials overreacted to a student wearing a bullet-belt at Lewis & Clark College", but they used about 1000 more words to say it. "Ammunition belt"?

No, wait, my favorite part is how you were "apprehended about an hour later", as if someone spotted you, shouted "hey, that guy is wearing bullets as a fashion accessory!", and you ran and led the police on an hour long chase through the woods until they finally caught and disarmed (de-belted) you.

So did they really confiscate it?

Neil

actually they still have the belt, although they'll probably give it back once i promise not to wear it on campus anymore :mad:

yeah the articles are pretty laughable, there's really nothing to say here. they make the circumstances sound way more suspicious/urgent than they were. i mean, a campus security dude actually took the belt then let me go to my next class before anyone else talked to me about it!

i seriously wouldnt be surprised if i saw this on the news tonight. around here they seem to grab any crap from around the country.