HAHAHAHAHAAAAA

i hate when guitarists do the solo thing where they just go like (vibrato of root note) then they go (wank wank out of time wank) then back to (vibrato of next root note) with no sense of "dynamics" or... erm... "melody". guitarists are worthless. i'm starting a band without any homo guitarists, just 3 bassists and a guy who beats rhythms on the detached door of a '76 Cadi with the detached neck of a 7 string ibanez. like Tortoise but more kvlt.

Yes about 95% of guitar solos in Metal suck fuzzy balls.

edit: And don't tell me I ''don't understand" or "that's how it's supposed to be!"

You could not even do a shitty guitar solo so keep comments like that to yourself blondie. I bet if you started playing guitar now in 2012 you would have shitty guitar solos.

This coffee is making me angsty and angry or something cara, still you are asking for it.

Go buy a cheap guitar or something before saying something that stupid. You were better when you dyed your hair brown!

You could always just start listening to classical music if solos in metal music suck so bad. Go paint someone playing a guitar in dream land and imagine them playing the perfect guitar solo just for you!!!

Susperia said:
I don't like when threads are simply labeled "haha" or "lol" or something lame like that. Come on, we're all older than 14 here.
is the anything you do like bruv like the smell of lovely flowers or the birds singiing on a lovely sunny morning or how lovely the sea is in ST IVES caz there are loads of painters down there pinkie painting the lovely scenes :kickass: MMMMM LIFE IS GREAT

Cody: My hair is brown still =\

And just because I don't play an instrument, that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion.

You aren't an artist, but if you see a sculpture that you think is ugly as sin, you do have the right to say it sucks.

If you disagree with me, go ahead and say it, but don't attack me personally and hint at how worthless you think I am because we have contrasting opinions.

Oh and you'll be proud of me-- I just got back after working for a week and a half at a Romance/Erotica book convention on Daytona beach in Fl. It was insane, labor intensive but hilarious because EVERYONE there was horribly obese. And I made $300!

^^ But paddy, I love you.

Susperia said:
Cody: My hair is brown still =\

And just because I don't play an instrument, that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion.

You aren't an artist, but if you see a sculpture that you think is ugly as sin, you do have the right to say it sucks.

If you disagree with me, go ahead and say it, but don't attack me personally and hint at how worthless you think I am because we have contrasting opinions.

ok you have a point I was being mean... cara

I'm mainly just messing with you because we're talking about guitar solos and I play guitar, and you do not play guitar. Is it wrong to think I have an edge of you ?. I am getting a kick out of putting you down because I know there are plently of great solos in the 'metal' genre.

Say we both went to an art gallery you would probably think you had an edge over me because you could sense feeling or even how how someone went about painting what you see. I would just see the picture which is important, but probably not realize the structure or imagine the person creating it from nothing. Sure we both could agree or see that a painting might be ugly not good or maybe not up to par with surrounding paintings. You would still have a sixth sense that I don't have since you are a painter. I could write a painting off as nothing just because it's not my taste not realizing that might be a certain style or essence. Guitar solos are different,can have certain style, and be influenced by certain things. If something is not proper is does not mean you can right if off as crap because it could still have style and impact in a genre.or people.

There is more to something than just the finnished product. Anyone can judge based on commen sense of what you percieve to be good,bad,and ugly. Someone could do a guitar solo just showing an influence. You might think the solo sucks but there is some past value and style related to why it's played and sounding a certain way and you might not know or think that.

You can not witness something getting the same impact and essense as the person that did what they did regardless what it was. Sometimes i'm hypocrital writing things off being ignortant but try to be open minded to an extent. Trainwrecks can be good.

its weird when you people call each other by your real first names. specially you, pinkie, you do it to every1.

i've prolly never told anyone this, but my name is Ryan.

feel free to call me Grimace, tho.

im sleepy and high.

Good post Greys.

I was with Pink Hair Girl until that post. I'd like to think I can judge quality music without me playing an instrument.

I think I'm a pretty good graphic designer and photo manipulator, and if someone not into that field says they like an art piece that has some major color or composition flaws or something...it really makes me want to slap them.

All art is subjective...but the true GOOD artists have a little more insight on things.

There is the occasional time that someone who can't do something still has an eye or ear for appreciation. But it doesn't happen too often...at least in art. Not sure about music since I don't play.

Scott

non-musicians: you can judge your opinion on how something sounds to you and that is cool. but you can't judge the musical quality of it beyond how hearing it makes you feel. Unless you know about scales and handling dissonances, and what makes clean, in-time playing, good phrasing, and good melodic ideas, you don't have much of an opinion judging solos.

and if you are hearing bad metal solos, you are just listening to the wrong bands, like slayer, most death and black metal, or stoner metal. If you are going to try and tell me bands like symphony x, sonata arctica, and freak kitchen, for some examples, have bad solos, you are just a complete retard. you might had the singing, the music, whatever, but from a scholastic view you would have no merit.

Teh Grimarse said:
i hate when guitarists do the solo thing where they just go like (vibrato of root note) then they go (wank wank out of time wank) then back to (vibrato of next root note) with no sense of "dynamics" or... erm... "melody". guitarists are worthless. i'm starting a band without any homo guitarists, just 3 bassists and a guy who beats rhythms on the detached door of a '76 Cadi with the detached neck of a 7 string ibanez. like Tortoise but more kvlt.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: out of five

Enough with the fucking addressing of actual names. This is a message board. We don't know each other. We're not friends. We don't like or dislike each other. How the fuck are we supposed to express staunch apathy when we take the willpower to remember and use each others' names? You all fucking suck at the internet.

Dodens Grav said:
Enough with the fucking addressing of actual names. This is a message board. We don't know each other. We're not friends. We don't like or dislike each other. How the fuck are we supposed to express staunt apathy when we take the willpower to remember and use each others' names? You all fucking suck at the internet.
:lol:
A name's a name. Whether or not someone calls me Ender or Joseph they mean the same person. Calm down, it's not this important. Just ask her not to post your name if it bugs you, but don't worry about other people.

Her calling me my name doesn't bug me, it's EVERYONE calling EVERYONE their own name. This is not supposed to happen. You can tear a hole into the fabric of time if you keep this shit up.