Halford Finally Came !!!!!!

MRCROWLEY

im dreaming neon black
Apr 16, 2001
WARABROOK/NEWCASTLE
Visit site
HALFORD IS IN AND ITS FUKIN AMAZING SOME OLD CLASSICS NEW CLASSICS AND THE VOICE IS BACK TO THE PRIEST LIVE DAYS,IT ALMOST SOUNDS LIKE ITS NOT LIVE ITS SO GOOD, MY ONLY PROBLEM IS TWO FAVOURITES ARNT ON IT (HELL BENT FOR LEATHER & LOVE BITES BUT HE CANT PLEASE EVERY ONE

A GREAT CD OVERALL GOOD TO HERE SOME OLDIES LIVE LIKE STAINED GLASS AND BEYOND THE REALMS OF DEATH (CHILDHOOD FAVS)

PROBLY THE MOST OUT STANDING NEW SONG IS SILENT SCREAMS IT HAS IT ALL SLOW FAST LONG POWERFULL I RECOMEND ANY FAN TO BUY IT TO HEAR THE METAL GOD IS BACK SCREAMONG FOR VENGEANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Cool.......
I almost bought Resurrection today, but got ......

OPETH - Blackwater Park
DIO - Magica
and TWISTED SISTER - Best of...

It was a toss up between OPETH and HALFORD......poor ol' Rod didn't win :confused:

maybe next time.... ;)

Originally posted by Joe Salami
Best Dio album since Dream Evil.

I don't agree. I don't see what Magica has that Wolves or Strange Highways doesn't.
It's better than Angrey Machines, and is sounds pounding which is great. But I wouldn't say it's any better than the two I mentioned. In fact it sounds much more like Strange Highways than anything else.
:cool:

Got my copy of "Live Insurrection" today.
Fuking agree Mr Crowley , just pure metal all the way . Ok so its been tinkered with here a there. Gee great to here Running Wild again live havent listened to that in ages.
How does it compare to "Resurrection "as I hav'nt bothered to buy that yet. As $30 buck for a Double disc is good value to me.
Also got the Gunners Live set for $20 bucks as well.

Can anybody suggest any other "Live " discs worthy of a purchase.

*Alive in athens-Iced earth (get the 3cd version)
*Scream for me brazil-Bruce dickinson
*Decade of aggression-Slayer
*Live after death-Iron maiden
*A real live dead one-Iron maiden
*Live shit:binge and purge-Metallica (could be a bit hard to get, AWESOME shows though they are from back when they were good :) )
*Tokyo tales-Blind guardian (worth it just for the HILARIOUS cover of barbar-ann by the beach boys...dont think it was meant to be funny though.....)
*Alive 1 2 and 3-Kiss

They are all the ones i have and they are all great (you probably have some of them already) but if you like any of the bands on the list i just made, then you will really enjoy the albums!

Thanks Spawn
Um what's Iced Earth Like I lurke around on the posts and see you guys discussing the band alot.

I dont know about Slayer a bit aggressive for me but agin when I first buy a CD of a group I don't know much about i always reckon a live disc is a good start.

Also Dream Theatre are they any good I saw a Album the other day full of covers Zepplin ,Floyd etc in a strange format is it worth a whirl as well.

No worries bucko, but you DONT want to get me started about iced earth, i have a tendancy to go on a bit about them when i start :) They RULE! Greatest band ever. :) Imagine a heavier maiden crossed with early metallica and you will get some idea of what they are like.

Im the same too, i buy either the live album or the best of cd if im getting a new bands music to check them out!

Originally posted by Bucko
Also Dream Theatre are they any good I saw a Album the other day full of covers Zepplin ,Floyd etc in a strange format is it worth a whirl as well.

Dream Theater's double live album "Once in a live Time" is definately one of my fav live albums. Is where I started with them, and now I'm a huge fan, although it did take me a long time to get into it.

That and Iced Earth's "Alive in Athen's" are both MUST haves. :)

Cool no problems . looks like I will be purchasing Iced Earths - Live in Athens 3 discs on my next payday. i will give you my thoughts on it at a later date.
Christ this this Halford Live thing is fuking great - just listening to "Beyond the Realms"

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg

Dream Theater's double live album "Once in a live Time" is definately one of my fav live albums. Is where I started with them, and now I'm a huge fan, although it did take me a long time to get into it.

That and Iced Earth's "Alive in Athen's" are both MUST haves. :)

Definitely can't agree with "Once in a Livetime" - one of the most disappointing live albums I've heard.

The Led Zep/Pink Floyd/Deep Purple/Elton John covers are on "A Change of Seasons" - great stuff. That was my first DT album, and it was a real eye-opener.

One of my personal favourite live albums is Glenn Hughes' "Burning Japan Live" - brilliant stuff!

Anyone else head Testament's LIVE AT THE FILLMORE?

It's very, very good. Check it out if you havn't already or if you like the heavy stuff.
:D

SYDO I HAVE TESTAMENT LIVE AT THE FILMORE I THINK ITS A GOOD ALBUM GOT LOTS OF FAVOURITES ON IT..

ICED EARTH "SOMETHING WICKED " I THINK IS THE BEST BUT I HAVENT GOT THE 3 CD LIVE AT ATHENS YET I ALWAYS LOOK AT IT IT AND NILLY BUY IT ONE DAY I WILL...