Halford with Black Sabbath

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Once again (first time was when Dio bailed out during the "Deshumanizer"tour in Costa Mesa) now due to Ozzy sickness (bronchitis) Halford sung with Black Sabbath live on the Camden, NJ (Aug 26) Ozzfest presentation. The set with Rob was: 'War Pigs', 'Fairies Wear Boots', 'N.I.B.', 'Black Sabbath', 'Iron Man', 'Into the Void', 'Children of the Grave', 'Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath' (intro) and 'Paranoid'. Also this came like a birthday gift for Halford who turned 53 on August 25.

a) Does anyone got lucky and saw this event?

b) 53, no shit. No wonder he is the Metal God.:headbang:

To be honest.. I don't think it would have worked at all.. Ozzy suits Sabbath perfectly with his gloomy tone. Halford just wouldn't work.. No disrespect to him, he suits Priest extremely well. Just my oppinion, please don't throw rotten fruit at me..

I wonder if there is a bootleg floating around of that show.. someone must of recorded it secretly... but like Igor said I don't think Halford's vocal style suits Sabbath though it would be interesting to hear... as long as he is not doing any screams lol ...

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
I wonder if there is a bootleg floating around of that show.. someone must of recorded it secretly... but like Igor said I don't think Halford's vocal style suits Sabbath though it would be interesting to hear... as long as he is not doing any screams lol ...

I'd say someone would have to have a bootleg of it somewhere. If anyone knows where, do tell :D
Although I don't think it would be any good, it would be interesting.

I have been waiting for the bootleg of Halford with BS (in Costa Mesa) since 1992, someday one will surface (I hope).

And not, I wasn't asking for Halford to replace Ozzy. I was asking if anyone was lucky enough (in this forum) to see the event in Camden. I mean for us metalheads is one in a lifetime opportunity, isn't it?

Igor_Cavalera said:
Ouch.. :lol:
How's it going Hawk? Don't see you around much anymore.
I am OK. Thanks. I had to get myself a new TV set and a DVD player in one week. And the weather is great so I am not much in front my PC at the moment.

How are you man? Did you have a summer break or what? Been going to places?

HAWK said:
I am OK. Thanks. I had to get myself a new TV set and a DVD player in one week. And the weather is great so I am not much in front my PC at the moment.

How are you man? Did you have a summer break or what? Been going to places?

I'm good thanks. And it's just coming out of winter here in Australia so it's not really 'going places' weather. So I've just been doin' the usual - not a great deal, which is always good. :)

As far as I heard, it didn't go too well, he just didn't go with the flow I guess, Halfords voice is very different to Ozzys, it would be like having Dave Mustaine sing with Iron Maiden.

Although in saying that, Halford, top man for trying and not letting fans of Black Sabbath down.

Stand-Ablaze said:
As far as I heard, it didn't go too well, he just didn't go with the flow I guess, Halfords voice is very different to Ozzys, it would be like having Dave Mustaine sing with Iron Maiden.
Considering last Maiden album and last Megadeth album it may be an improvement for both acts :lol: (besides Dave can't be worst than Blaze..calm down JD put the shotgun down, down I said! :loco: )

Wyvern said:
I have been waiting for the bootleg of Halford with BS (in Costa Mesa) since 1992, someday one will surface (I hope).

And not, I wasn't asking for Halford to replace Ozzy. I was asking if anyone was lucky enough (in this forum) to see the event in Camden. I mean for us metalheads is one in a lifetime opportunity, isn't it?

My friend just let me borrow the bootleg to that 1992 show hehehe .. its called Ozzy Meets the Priest.. has like 4 songs with Ozzy and the rest are Halford.. below is the list...

Disc 1 Live at the Pacific Amphitheatre, Costa Mesa , Los Angeles, Nov. 14-15 1992

1. Children of the Grave (Halford)
2. Children of the Sea (Halford)
3. Symptom of the Universe (Halford)
4. N.I.B. (Halford)
5. Die Young (Halford)
6. Into the Void (Halford)
7. Heaven and Hell (Halford)
8. Sweet Leaf (Halford)
9. Neon Knights (Halford)
10. Black Sabbath (Ozzy)
11. Fairies Wear Boots (Ozzy)
12. Iron Man (Ozzy)
13. Paranoid (Ozzy)

Disc 2 (Halford)

1. Mob Rules
2. Computer Gods
3. Children of the Sea
4. Symptom of the Universe
5. N.I.B.
6. Guitar Solo
7. Die Young
8. Heaven & Hell
9. Supernaut
10. Neon Nights

Wyvern said:
Considering last Maiden album and last Megadeth album it may be an improvement for both acts :lol: (besides Dave can't be worst than Blaze..calm down JD put the shotgun down, down I said! :loco: )
Alright then, it was a bad comparison :lol: