Halford with Black Sabbath

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
My friend just let me borrow the bootleg to that 1992 show hehehe .. its called Ozzy Meets the Priest.. has like 4 songs with Ozzy and the rest are Halford.. below is the list...

Disc 1 Live at the Pacific Amphitheatre, Costa Mesa , Los Angeles, Nov. 14-15 1992

1. Children of the Grave (Halford)
2. Children of the Sea (Halford)
3. Symptom of the Universe (Halford)
4. N.I.B. (Halford)
5. Die Young (Halford)
6. Into the Void (Halford)
7. Heaven and Hell (Halford)
8. Sweet Leaf (Halford)
9. Neon Knights (Halford)
10. Black Sabbath (Ozzy)
11. Fairies Wear Boots (Ozzy)
12. Iron Man (Ozzy)
13. Paranoid (Ozzy)

Disc 2 (Halford)

1. Mob Rules
2. Computer Gods
3. Children of the Sea
4. Symptom of the Universe
5. N.I.B.
6. Guitar Solo
7. Die Young
8. Heaven & Hell
9. Supernaut
10. Neon Nights
And waht Ozzy is doing in that bootleg? As far as I know Halford covered Dio after he exited the band and before the return of Tony Martin, but Ozzy wouldn't return to Sabbath until "Reunion" in 1996. :confused:

Is there anyway for that bootleg to slip into SS? :D

I have no idea why Ozzy is on it lol I havent listened to the whole thing yet... probably whoever made it added some Ozzy era live stuff... ill have to listen to that part and see if Ozzy makes any comments between the songs and see if there is any info on the gig or if its even the same gig... anyways what is SS?

anyways what is SS?
Where have you been lately? SS is the Secret Society of UMOS :lol:. It stands for SoulSeek a file sharing rpogram in which some distinguished members of the forum gather to chat nonsense, some sense and the sixth sense while sharing songs, albums, pics and virus :p (well not really virus).

If you wanna join PM me and I can guide you into the depths of madness ;)

oh oh is there a hazing ritual? lol ... I dont know if i can share files though because my computer is slow as hell ... im getting rid of it probably with this month or next and getting a new one.. i can burn a copy of the bootleg if u like and mail it to you...

oh oh is there a hazing ritual? lol ... I dont know if i can share files though because my computer is slow as hell ... im getting rid of it probably with this month or next and getting a new one.. i can burn a copy of the bootleg if u like and mail it to you...
Well you shoud get on it anyway! .... and while your mailing him a copy you should mail me one too :saint:

AntonCrowley_16 said:
whoever has the Sabbath bootleg with Halford, could u possibly add IOMMI is God? so I can get it off you

I wouldn't go far as to Iommi is god.. he is a riff master and his solos are good on the studio albums.. but live he sucks.. he barely shows that he has any life in him by standing like a statue in the same spot of a stage throughout a show and his solos suck live.. he's not a very good improviser.. I wish Sabbath with whatever singer could come out with one more "classic" album.. the last "classic" album to me was Heaven & Hell.. dont get me wrong there are good albums between that one and up to the present time but nothing i would consider "classic" ... :erk:

JonnyD said:
Well you shoud get on it anyway! .... and while your mailing him a copy you should mail me one too :saint:

Sure I could mail it to you but you would have to pay me for postage.. i could mail it by Priority mail which gets to you in like 2 or 3 days .. and since I think your in VT it shouldnt be a problem... PM and let me know.. :)

I wouldn't go far as to Iommi is god.. he is a riff master and his solos are good on the studio albums.. but live he sucks.. he barely shows that he has any life in him by standing like a statue in the same spot of a stage throughout a show and his solos suck live.. he's not a very good improviser.. I wish Sabbath with whatever singer could come out with one more "classic" album.. the last "classic" album to me was Heaven & Hell.. dont get me wrong there are good albums between that one and up to the present time but nothing i would consider "classic" ... :erk:
Whats it matter how you stand when you play live? Have u ever listened to Sleeping Village or Warning? Hes fucking awesome, best there ever was and will be. Lets see Jimmy Page or Jimi Hendrix(if he was alive r.i.p.) or even Eric Clapton play, the guitar with the tips of the middle and ring fingers cut off the hand he plays the notes with, and still play.

I never said that the way he stands will effect his playing .. in that it would make him worst or better whether he stand still or was animated.. I am just saying its a show and he should do something other then stand like a statue... what i meant was his solos weren't that good live... he didnt improvise too good... he was always a better studio player then a live player and it wasnt cause of posture onstage or off... its regardless of that... as for him being the best guitarist.. im not going to debate on that but the majority of people do not consider him the greatest guitarist there ever was.. in fact you are the only person i heard say that... and if he is to you then more power to you... as for Page, Hendrix and Clapton being able to play without tips of there fingers... let's just say that Hendrix played at times with his teeth and/or tongue.. so it would be safe to say he could play with tip less fingers... and I am also confident in Page and Clapton to do the same since sometimes they played with "slides" whenever they played bluesy stuff so it was like they had one less finger to play with... anyways I respect your opinion i just dont agree with it.. more power to you if he's your god... my guitar god has always been Randy Rhoads in terms of metal...

All these years later, these are easy to find on YouTube. I hadn't seen/listened to them before (the first 14 minutes of the 2nd one is just audio). The two shows in 1992 with Rob were when Dio refused to be a support to Ozzy, so that's why Ozzy was there too. Not sure what's with all the decorations on the 2004 video, but it's good stuff too!

Reactions: Hawk